_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: Hangar Queen Campaign
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
AeroScale: 563 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, yeah it did, but only today when I was at work. I was aiming for tomorrow to catch some sun and post those, that OK with you? If not I'll just slap that quick-pic into the gallery and post some nice ones later on.

I'd be happy for you to lead that HQ2, as I've quite frankly really loved the way you hung on to our builds and kept track of everything.
Maybe it's beginner's luck (you'll say, I know) but I shure as heck think you'll make an awesome HQ2 leader!!

Thanks, Leo! I guess it shows that I'm one of those organization freaks-- I've got an Excel spreadsheet with columns for all the names signed up, starting photo, in progress photo, and gallery photo, and each row is a separate build (some entrants started several builds and finished only one or several (29Foxtrot, md72, and Red4). One of the hard parts is going back and forth to see who dropped out (Damian) and who's new, that and keeping up with the thread whenever there's a new development.

Like I said, I'm content to lead it or not if someone (Allen) is more eager to.
Thanks!
-Sean.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 01:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...There were several who had started and posted earlier-- alpha_tango, Bigrip74, Cinzano, Gary Kato , Jmartine, and Woltersk-- who must have fell off. I suppose another Hangar Queen/ Getter Done campaign will catch them later.
Cheers!
-Sean H.

edit: If anyone passes MLD in the internet hallway, remind him to post his finals to the gallery!

Well, still waiting on Rebilda and the weather there to get some gallery photos, but in the meantime a hearty "Welcome Back!" to alpha_tango who got his Albatros in under the wire! She's a beauty! Check it out in the gallery.
-Sean.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 01:45 AM UTC
Thanks Sean!

I just posted the pix in the gallery. This was a real hangar queen that sat in the shelf of shame for a loooong time, then I picked it up and again shelved it. Just when the campaign started I gave it another chance and this time I succeded. After that I fell into a deep hole (not just modelling wise) so I did not tackle a model in 6 months or so thus there is no further model from me in this campaign (my stack of started models is almost as huge as the "normal" stack ...)

There was kind of a controversy if this counts or not (must be on one of the early pages of the thread). Here is my Build log on the crate, It started when I picked it up from the SoS the first time and you'll notice the one year gap until I was able to finish it finally. I am really proud that I did that and I like the look even if it is the first Albatros D.V from Eduard (not the same that you can buy nowadays).

All the best

Steffen
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 02:26 AM UTC
Stefen, I had read that ugly mix-up earlier, and I think you had resolved it correctly (your pic was of when you had stopped, before the Campaign began). Regardless, if it hadn't counted earlier, it certainly became a Hangar Queen again after that. Glad to hear that you're out of your hole.
-Sean.
Rebilda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 248 posts
AeroScale: 123 posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 06:01 AM UTC
Thanks for the patience guys.

Sunshine today and got out of work early enough. One pics in the gallery the rest is for you to comment:

Waddaya think?

Thanks again for waiting..
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 06:20 AM UTC
Holy Mackarel! That's a masterpiece. Well worth the wait.
Do the refueling booms really scratch up the paint like that? I'd be terrified of a static shock, but I guess that's all been figured out by the experts.

Allen, I'd say in another day or so, you can lock this thread, so people divert to the Hangar Queen 2 proposal thread.
Thanks everyone! I'll post the ribbons now.
... and ride off into the sunset.
-Sean.
RedwingNev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
AeroScale: 415 posts
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2011 - 06:43 PM UTC
Great job everyone. Received my ribbon, thanks
Delbert
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
AeroScale: 209 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 05:31 AM UTC
Thanks everyone for a good campaign.. I got my ribbon too. :>

everyones comments kept me hyped up to finish the wildcat...

and hats off to the Leader of it all..
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
AeroScale: 3,192 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 11:41 AM UTC
Thanks folks. I managed to get two queens onto the shelf cause of this campaign. ribbon looks good on my page. Great work everyone. Got plenty of fodder for HQ2 too. C ya later.
 _GOTOTOP