_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Fighters Under The Midnight Sun
Clanky44
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
AeroScale: 133 posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 09:55 AM UTC
Hi Steffen,

You're to be commended for your continued efforts! Most modellers tend to give in on a model once complications arise (and we all have plenty of half completed models!) Your Buffalo looks good, and don't worry about it not being done on time.... to be honest, mine won't be completed until I get the vacu-form replacement canopy to replace that overly-thick clear middle section that just wont fit!

Frank
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 12:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Steffen,

You're to be commended for your continued efforts! Most modellers tend to give in on a model once complications arise (and we all have plenty of half completed models!) Your Buffalo looks good, and don't worry about it not being done on time.... to be honest, mine won't be completed until I get the vacu-form replacement canopy to replace that overly-thick clear middle section that just wont fit!

Frank

Hi Frank

many thanks for your kind comment! ... I too have a growing half built stack ... due to different problems (ranging from : "i cannot decide which decals to put on" until "severe fit issues and lost pats"))

Your canopy does not fit .. phew and I thought it was my fault ... same problem here

best wishes from Schwerin

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 01:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

why could not Revtamigawa decide to do the Do 17 ...

Hi Steffen!

Classic Airframes kits are like animals! If they feel that you hate or fear them, they bite! :-)

I too think you should get an award for your perseverance...

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 04:13 PM UTC
Finally, IT LOST

well, actually it is a draw ... still it is finished since yesterday (bad wheather then so I could not take pix, which i did today) ... now may the bastard rest in peace ..

Somehow the engine sits too deep in the cowling .. must be my fault, but I cannot remember when i would have done that. the sliding part of the canopy is home made ... as Frank stated, the kit part does not fit. The Antenna post is a (chunky) replacement too, as the part was broken.

Thanks to Fred for an inspiring campaign!

cheers

Steffen

Finally I can advance on Eduards Fw 190 A-8 ... right after the Nuremberg show ...
 _GOTOTOP