_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
A right Royal Fokker!
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 11:37 PM UTC
Top score on that one
You did a marveles job,I like the weathering,real nice.
Top score
Top score
Lars
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 12:11 AM UTC
Excellent work Mal....top notch 11 out of 10 !
Spitfires, why not. But how about some Albatros or Fokker Dr 1?
A really inspirational build, like many others around here...

Keep 'em coming mate!

Btw, I meant to ask, how do you do those classy picture frames??
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 06:58 AM UTC
Greetings all;
Mal, nicely done. I hope that we cleared up any possible concerns that might be of any importance to these kits. I have said it before and as a parting comment I would like to thank Merlin, Jean_Luc and Mal for their co-operation with this "mega-build" (as coined by Merlin.) To my knowlege this is the first of its kind. As Merlin's brain-child It was bound to fair well with the right modelers. Not meant to push the average modeler away but to encourage others to take a chance with something a bit new. Three points of view on three similar kits.

I would like to share this, sent to me from a modeler on another website. "... personally I don't see how you hope to accomplish this... I can't see but how you are going to disappoint eduard with this grandstanding when it fails..."

Here is my comment to that "fellow." "Go play with your snap-tite."

Succeed? I think we have gone beyond success. This thread will serve to help any and all who have even a mild interest in the subject. Here is to more great modeling. JackFlash
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 11:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Succeed? I think we have gone beyond success. This thread will serve to help any and all who have even a mild interest in the subject. Here is to more great modeling. JackFlash

Hear, hear!!

lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 04:06 PM UTC

100% in agreement!
Its great for Armorama that Eduard value the communitys opinions so much as to present the site with the kits in the first place,and what has been created on this thread,(apart from some outstanding models),is a showcase for Eduards products,a showcase for Armorarma,and as Steven said,a great reference article for anyone with an interest in WW1 aviation.

Now the builds are finished,I have a thought.
It would be nice to see this thread turned into an article for,
A: To enable it to stay on the site as a reference/on display/build review,rather than see it gradually slide down to page 176 of the Aircraft Forum,,,and
B: I would love to see it considered for publication in one of the modelling magazines.Its concept is certainly unique amongst the standard build articles normally found,and it would again be excellent promotion for Eduard,Armorama,and WW1 aviation in general.

Just my pennies worth.

Congratulations to all involved in this project.
Nige

Right then,,,,,,,,,,,,where did I put that Tiger Moth and the roll of smoke coloured thread?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 08:52 PM UTC
I have read this thread from the start of its life to the point of finishing, and i just want to congratulate all that were involved in this project.
The models that have been built are extremely well done and a lot of credit has to go to Stephen ( Jackflash) for answering every question posted with his amazing knowledge of the subjects.
A massive WELL DONE to Eduard, Aeroscale, Stephen, Jean-Luc and Mal, for an extremely interesting build.
Thank-you, Andy
P.S Still not converted though :-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:34 AM UTC
I must say a big thank you to Stephen Yes I could have built this without any help, it's such a good kit, but there are always those inevitable questions. Stephens knowledge of the subject not only answered any questions but I, and others reading the posts, will now have a much greater understanding of the subject. That, along with such a great kit, has, happily added WW I aircraft modelling to my intersets. I have learnt lots while building this, which is what it's all about, plus I have a new found admiration for the fliers, on all sides, of that great conflict. I now have to try something with lots of rigging and I will be starting a Sopwith Camel 2F.1(Eduard) soon. I will be following the thread, that Stephen and Lars have going on this aircraft, but I can say that it will take me much longer than the Fokker, which is actually my fastest build, believe it or not

Quoted Text

I would like to share this, sent to me from a modeler on another website. "... personally I don't see how you hope to accomplish this... I can't see but how you are going to disappoint eduard with this grandstanding when it fails..."

Grandstanding? It's called a review, clearly some people just don't get it do they, how can you review something like this without making a big deal of it. How was this ever going to fail. I hope Eduard are pleased, truly an excellent product, for which I hope they feel that we did it justice.

Oh, Stephen, one last question, what is the purpose of the thing on the port "N" strut, with a tap and dial? I'm sure that it isn't anything to do with watering the garden
Mal
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 05:54 AM UTC
Well said all!

Hey Mal. the anemometer ( PP C 29, PE 9) is an air speed indicator. The casings were either brass or Duraluminum.

Quoted Text

I have read this thread from the start of its life to the point of finishing, and i just want to congratulate all that were involved in this project. The models that have been built are extremely well done and a lot of credit has to go to Stephen ( Jackflash) for answering every question posted with his amazing knowledge of the subjects. A massive WELL DONE to Eduard, Armorama, Rowan, Stephen, Jean-Luc and Mal, for an extremely interesting build. Thank-you, Andy
P.S Still not converted though :-)

betheyn; Heh, heh, heh...You don't know the power of the dark side!

Mal..................................Jean-Luc.......................................Stephen X 2
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 10:21 AM UTC
Well I'm a converted WWI builder to be now as well, thanks to you guys !!
Extremely high WOW factor on this one, as some people say I've heard.
Can't wait to get everything sorted and start all over again....
You guys and your building projects (not mentioning any names, afraid that I'd forget someone) are true inspirations....
When I'm as good as you are, which probably be around when freezes over and pigs start to fly, it's all you that will get the credit...
Can't wait for the next build.....I've already bought tickets for the show.
BadBoyFLSTC
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:22 PM UTC
From a newbie, I want to thank all of you guys for doing this project. I know I asked a lot of questions and have gotten a bit confused at times, but everyone here has been just great at answering all of them. I have found that in modeling you have quite a few poeple who are reluctant about giving away their "trade secrets", but not here. You guys are the best. I just hope Stephen doesn't mind when I e-mail him more questions as my projects go along, lol.

Nils
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 12:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have found that in modeling you have quite a few poeple who are reluctant about giving away their "trade secrets", but not here. You guys are the best.

Nils, that's what armorama is all about, you only have to ask. The only dumb question is the one that you don't ask
Mal
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi Mal
I now have to try something with lots of rigging and I will be starting a Sopwith Camel 2F.1(Eduard) soon. I will be following the thread, that Stephen and Lars have going on this aircraft, but I can say that it will take me much longer than the Fokker, which is actually my fastest build, believe it or not

What will you do now, wait for me and the 2F1,or praticing stretching sprues

You told us that you are a slow builder, that is not a bad thing,I´ve never understand what those fast builders hurry for? The next model maybe?
Kindly Lars
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 08:30 AM UTC
This Blog is a bit of fun.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2006 - 03:20 PM UTC
Greetings all;

Since the Feature has been added Royal Fokker

and I have been able to get a thread started on the Mercedes and BMW motors often found in the Fokker D.VIi.

Mercedes D. types

BMW types.

I just thought I would bring this up for further reference.
 _GOTOTOP