Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Modeling cafe
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 - 06:04 AM UTC
Don't worry Stephen... We won't do anything that you wouldn't do...
B24Liberator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 134 posts
AeroScale: 113 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 12:39 AM UTC

I might have missed it in the earlier posts, but does this joint have espresso..? Personally, I prefer Teri's discription...a place to escape to! My life is chaotic as it is !

Prior to our monthly club meetings, many of the members go to this place....

http://www.5-8club.com/

If anyone is visiting the Twin Cities on the 2nd Saturday of the month, this is the palce to meet up at 11:00 hrs..!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 03:20 AM UTC
Welcome Johannes , glad to see you here ! We have everything your heart can dream off ( Stephen looks after us here very well ) and in return we don't trash the place !

What flavor of espresso do you want ?

You can relax in the soooooo soft leather chairs your body just melts in them .
Every night is movie night so if you have one just post it ! Along with a fine meal and all you can drink . Their is even a library , feel free to read one or add to the collection .
Juke box in the corner with ever song known to man or beast !

What happens in the café , stays in the café ! ( sorry just had to toss that in )

You know Penny , that doesn't leave a lot of ground open !
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 03:09 PM UTC
Well, it's more than you'd expect, Terri..... If we leave no evidence of it.... Hell, not too many knew about the underwear on the flagpole last time...

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 02:37 AM UTC
Very ture Penny , we do cover or tracks well , with the exception of a few lacey things here and there on flag poles ! The guys didn't seem to mind it though . They stayed up there for a week !!!!!!
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 03:43 AM UTC
Terri - No one wants to admit they noticed Flannel Boxers on a flag pole.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 10:17 AM UTC
I have the whole incident on DVD.....
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 02:34 PM UTC
We have a special on the DVD collector's set. The "making of " feraturette second disc is most impressive.
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 - 07:53 AM UTC
Wooo- Hooo!!!

Let's watch it on the next flick night...
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 - 01:21 PM UTC
You got it Penny , will play the flick tonight !

I'll be signing autographs at the end of the show Please one at a time no pushing and shoving others about !

Well Chuck , I can honestly say that the "boxers" are not my .
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 - 05:46 PM UTC
Gents a little tip for the night's cinematic feature. Hide the pitchforks, torches and the rum. Set out only 190 proof gin. Maybe some cold duck. When the video gets to the part where the girls start saying "photograph my good side" try to distract them.
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 03:43 AM UTC
Distracting a lady that is being photographed ought to be an achievment in magnitude with Arthur Dents, when he learned to fly. "Throw yourself to the ground, and make sure to miss! "

And talking about that, anyone up for The hitchhikers guide tonight? If not the movie; why not the BBC radio theater show? Anyone who knows how to mix an "pangalactic gargleblaster"?

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 - 10:21 AM UTC
Ah , Douglas Adams , good pick for tonights film Tony . Followed by Space Balls !

No distracting me here , both sides are my good side !

I also start my new job tonight ! So drinks are on me ......................
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 - 10:46 AM UTC
Sitting here enjoying a swell cup of joe with rum ! Contaplating on what tonight's film will be not to mention the menu !

So with spring knocking on our doors calling us to come out and play .....................................

Terri walks out the cafe to enjoy what mother nature has to offer ...................
B24Liberator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 02:06 AM UTC
It's Easter Sunday now, and I'm s-l-o-w-l-y getting up and around after a busy day on Saturday. Went running for the first time this year, then got cleaned up and sped off to meet up with my fellow modelers at this month's club meeting, stopped off at a couple Hobby Stores on the way back as well as "Fleet Farm" to pick up a few lawn & garden supplies.

Once my sore muscles wake up enough and I finish my second (OK 3rd!) cup of Joe - it's out to the great outdoors to do more yard work. The weather is now nice and warm, and after I'm done, I'll kick back, relax on the deck and knock down a "LaBatt's" beer..or 2
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 05:07 AM UTC
Labatt's beer ! you are able to get Canadian beer down there ? well have some for me as well !!!!
B24Liberator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 05:57 AM UTC

Sure! Afterall, Minnesota is almost another province of Canada..!

The market for LaBatt's and Molson is pretty ripe here! I used to like Molson, but then switched.

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 06:11 AM UTC
Yes you are right about that ! Molson Canadian "it's what beer is all about "

Of coruse though with Labatt's comes the La - cheese doodle , La bar stoll , La beefy guy in the back ground ! La hang over in the morning

Tonights film will be Canadian Bacon followed by Wagons West !

and all the La-beer you can drink !
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 06:41 AM UTC
This has been great having the whole place to myself for the past few days . Having this time the idea hit me to do some redecorating in the place !

Just hope Stephen likes the new colours in his office and what I done with the place
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 07:13 AM UTC
Hi Terry, redecorating, very nice, aaaarrrgh Steven office, PINK, cme to think of it thats quite funny. Can't wait to see Steven's face. Maybe tonights film should be Operation Petticoat, watch out for Seaman Hornsby, what a swine
Seems ages since I've been in the old cafe, heard some rumours that Steven has been too exhausted to get down here and has been flying distress signals from the flagpole. Food, afternoon tea, thin cut salmon and cucumber sandwiches, brussels pate on melba toast, chicken and mushroom vol-au-vents, cup cakes, sliced fruit cake and, of course tea, choice of breakfast, yorkshire, Earl Grey, or any other you care to bring along. Film 2, The Importance of being Ernest
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 07:28 AM UTC
Good call. Or, like Samuel L Jackson once said; "I try to be frank and ernest with the girls. I'm Frank in Chicago and Earnest in New York!" But I guess we have to wait until december with Long Kiss Goodnight.

(Oooooh Geena.....)

Nice curtains by the way, Terri. What a seamstress! (Nudge nudge) Can you perhaps help me with my uniform when I turn full Liutenant efter summer? (Nudge nudge)

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 06:46 PM UTC
Andrew, Andrew, Andrew .................you should not drink before coming to the cafe ! your view of colour is way off ! Man that must be some good drink then because I really liked the idea and went back and painted the office pink , nothing close to a hot pink ( " i might add " ) But nice light pink and put in Lozenge carpet ( 4 upper colour ) Rowan and Him never did take down the panties off the wall !! Of course once He has settle in the furniture will be next . It just has to go .....................

I didn't do anything with the kitchen at all , I know better then to fool with a mans food . Needs more cabinets ! But the cafe was another story , All of the brass railing and fixtures was sent in for a good cleaning and polish . While this was being taken care of the wood work was all sanded down and re-stained . Tables got the same treatment , chairs had a marry time getting their seats redone . Up the road , about two towns away there was a really neat antique store , well I just had to pick up more WW1 stuff to hang up on the walls . Just wish the name of the store would come back to me .

Piano got new keys and had it's surface detailed . Restrooms were spoiled with new slate tile flooring. Light ivory drapes with gold accents and brass curtain pins . ( , because I pick my finger ) Well Tony , you want me to do your uniform don't you !
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 05:46 AM UTC
Well Terri. It might be a problem with my uniform. It's so well camouflaged (just like the J 37 Viggen splinter cammo) that it might be hard to find. We'll se in fall, when the environment turns brown-red-yellow-grey. That might do the trick.

By the way Johannes. You say Minnesota is just another province of Canada. Last time I checked it was just another Landskap of Sweden! Drop the Labatts and go for a Åbro Original pilsner in stead. That will prepare your body and soul for midsommar in june. Just remember to pick seven flowers to put under your pillow, and jump backwards over seven field fences on the midsummer night! If it won't make you dream of yours to be, it will bring good luck anyway.

Sigh! Only twoandahalfmonth to go until midsommar. Should I organize the party? It'll be pickled herring, pickled herring, pickled herring, meat balls, small sausages, the freshest potatoes possible, knäckebröd (Reeeeallly hard bread), cheese to melt your mouth, seven flavours of snaps, loads of lager, strawberries with whipped cream, midsummer pole and stupid games. Sun will be forbidden to leave until . . . . oh what the heck, leave the sun up all light. Girls should wear thin white dresses (best tradition yet) and flowers in their hair, of course. Boys WILL wear light coloured suites, but trunks are ok for swimming. Anything forgotten? Hmmmm....yeah! Who can order the weather? No rain allowed!

Tony (Waiting desperately for summer)
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 08:28 AM UTC
I must admit the cafe does look better, my Jabiru (plane) needs a new propellor so I think the old one would look good over the bar, It is a wood one. Not WW1 but should add something to the ambience. I guess this is all in the name of spring cleaning. I fancy a laugh tonight, how about the three Pink Panther films, Peter Sellers of course. Food, French onion soup, Chicken Chasseur, saute potatos, mixed veg, with a crisp Chardonnay, then Crepes suzette, coffee to suit, I have some excellent Java beans here. Find coffee grinder.......
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 08:02 AM UTC
I've found the grinder, and started grinding the beans for ya. Just give me a few and I'll have the pot perkin' the brew.

I also brought a couple of my home-made chocolate pies. (it's like a big brownie) Mmmm.