Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Modeling cafe
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 04:50 AM UTC
Just like my legs !
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 05:47 AM UTC
Cough!

Will you look at that....
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 06:10 AM UTC
Ok back to the movies tonight.

Kevin Costner's "Dances with Wolves" and "Wyatt Earp". As a special bonus we will be running Kurt Russell's "Tombstone" as well.

Barbeque cook out to start out the weekend. Chicken & beef, brats and burgers. Potato wedges, cole slaw, potato salad (yellow mustard), corn on the cob, fresh - washed vegtables "Not Cooked". Cucumbers, tomatoes, and etc.

Drinks will be "Verners" Ginger Ale and cream sodas, "Sheeps Head" Micro brewery pilsner and party beers. (12%). Jack Daniels 30 year stock and Jim Beam 45 year stock. Cowboy coffee with heavy creams available.

Desserts will be Apple pie, and double churned French Vanilla ice cream.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 06:54 PM UTC
Well Stephen ....I just gained ten pounds reading the menu ! the movies are excellent . It has been a while since I last seem them . I'll be wearing my cowgirl hat for this one with side arm of course !

Be hold , the pail the horse . The woman who sits in the sattle is death herself and where she goes men follow !!!!
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 - 01:41 PM UTC
Ha..Ha.. Ha.. I gotta remember that one to tell hubby when he gives me a hard time...
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 - 07:14 AM UTC
Well Terri. I'd rather follow Death than meet her. Could go on for quite a while really...

Tony (Severely philosophical)
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 - 08:15 AM UTC
It's a good job that this cafe food has absolutly no cholestrol, and is completely non fattening.
Terri, HMS Scarab, for that was she, took 3 years to build and was the third ship I built at that time. When you build something like that it isn't one model, but a series of small models with a theme, joined together, like building a Jasta of DVIIs.
Film tonight should be The Sand Pebbles then you can see something of the life of these old ships, with the added bonus of Steve McQueen for the ladies.
Food tonight will be WonTon Soup, choice of Cha Siu Chow Mein, Kung Po Chicken, Mushroom FooYung, Beef with Spring Onions and Ginger. Lychees, Green Tea. Then 2 hours later......
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 - 09:07 PM UTC
Woohoo! I haven't had real Chinese since I left Luoyang before christmas 2006. Got sticks, or should I bring? I'll bring Moutai anyway!

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 02:46 AM UTC
Will you be making this your self Andrew ? Boy this is making my mouth water .
Maybe Stephen and you can have a cook off . I'm sure Tony would love to be one of the judges ! as well as Penny and Andy , might even have Rowan in as well . Jan will be there with fork and knife in hand , chop sticks in back pocket .
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 05:04 AM UTC
Buhuhuhu. My battallion had a training weekend, serving chicken stew with rice at sunday lunch, and I didn't have any sticks in my vest Buhuhuhu.

But, I'd love to be judge on chinese. Frankly, the weirdest snack i come to like is pigs snout. A bit like bacon, but thicker and.... heyyyy....don't go pukin' in Terris new curtains....

Tony (Big nosed western devil)
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 05:05 AM UTC
Mmm.... Smells....I mean sounds like a plan to me.
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 09:34 AM UTC
Chinese style and barbeque are the only ways I can cook, but Chinese is great if I have time to do the prep work. As the weather gets better I'll be out there and barbeque trout with almonds,mushrooms, fried rice and a glass (or two) of Pinot Grigio, a Waldorf salad and maybe a Lemon cheesecake, a few friends on a warm night, heaven.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 11:32 AM UTC
Well Andrew that sounds like it would loads of fun .
When our weather gets better , when the snow is finally gone and leaves start to come out on the trees , flowers starting to bloom and all the little critters have something to look forward to . Will be doing the same . To start with , baby back ribs marinated in red wine for three days with apricots . Home made BQ sauce with extra pepper . Think cut T-bone , Cajun jerk chicken that will leave your month wanting more . and for the less brave regular burgers and hot dogs . fresh garden salad ( miss winkle won't mind us raiding her garden as long as we leave beer for her ) . Mustard potato salad , mac salad and old fashion coleslaw . Corn on the cob with dill done on the BBQ with roast green peppers stuff with rice and cream cheese and lemon zest . Home made pork and beans ( with pork in it ) served cold . For dessert ..............there we be ice cream , cheese cake and double chocolate cake , fresh fruit on the side for those who are watching their waist line .

Now for the drinks , beer , beer and more beer , rum , whiskey , vodka and what ever you bring with you .
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 11:57 AM UTC
Can't wait....
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 09:23 PM UTC
Todays lunch and dinner will be rudimentary since you're all invited to the racetrack for the Swedish Championship in supermoto. Sun is shining, dust is flying and the whole scene is covered in the noise of starting engines, revving engines, coughing engines, clinging spanners and cursing mechanics. Tables and chairs are a bit flimsy I'm afraid, but at these places it's function before looks, if even there's function.

There will be hotdog lunch after first practice. Mustard, ketchup, roasted onions and shrimp-goo to go with that. No beer during the day, ladies and gents. This is championship racing! Get yourself a coke or apple lemonade, and bite it. Dinner will be served after the last qualification. Sun will set nicely, you will be able to use your ears again and the roosters in leather will cock about with the psychic race. There will be thai wok, cooked on a camping stove, in a turned upside down lamp from Ikea. Then racing is over for today, so bring out the crates and join in around the table and listen to the general lying.

HEY, who started that bike? Shut it off you....stupid person! We're chewing the fat around here! (But didn't it sound reeeaallly mean, that bike. Keep your eyes open for him tomorrow)

Come saturday night, we'll know who's the man of the day. Hope it's my guy...

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 05:14 AM UTC
A day off racing .........................cool !
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 04:00 PM UTC
For the evening meal I thought we might do a breakfast thing.

4 egg omlets with allllllll the fixins. Ham, chees, peppers, (onions for theose who like them.) fresh cut tomatoes, steak chicken, refried beans (as a sort of paste) flour tortillas, Louisianna hot sauce by the bottle.

Deep fried bread with honey and various fruit & berry type jams & jellies. Hot croissants , Texas toast and fresh butter. There is also cream cheese Danishes. Hotcakes and waffles.

Fresh fruit bananas, straw berries, blue and black and rasberries. Heavy cream will be avilable.

Oat, corn and barley based organic cereals.

Juices, milk and coffee of course.

The selected movies this weekend are a bit unusual.

The Shadow with Alex Baldwin, Sleepy Hallow ( a favorite) with Johnny Depp, Beetljuice (with another Baldwin bro.)

ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 04:38 AM UTC
Sounds great, Stephen! I put some jams and perserves in the cabinet above the bar. We can use them for the bagles, toast, and things.....

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 06:14 AM UTC
A continental breakfast for the evening meal couldn't be better , nice change from all the spicy foods smoothered in fine sauces of the gods .

Nothing wrong with watching the Bladwins at all . but I just have to add The Hunt for Red October . Sorry but it's one of my favorites .

Might have to out that stuff under lock and key Penny , not so much for the guy's but from me , just something about jam !
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 12:14 PM UTC
Fine choice of films there with Beetlejuice a firm favourite round here. Red October also good with the Scots Russian in charge. I love the line about moving to Montana to raise rabbits and buy a SUV. Always though Alec Baldwin should have kept the Jack Ryan role in the other Clancy films, Ford is OK but he is still Indiana Jones to me. Nice small part for James Earl Jones as well.
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 10:59 PM UTC
Well I have to thank you everybody for cheering at the races Two wins and a third place out of three heats ain't bad for a newly developed engine.

Champagne and cubans to everybody and if I look closely I think I can find one more dried out hotdog. Hotdog anybody?

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 04:39 AM UTC
Yeah it was a lot fun and a great way to spend the weekend . Lots of cars to snap pic's of and great people . Will have to pass on the last dried up beyond help hotdog , just don't eat them at all . No process meat or red meat for this girl .

The movies were a fantastic njght cap after spending the day at the races with more heart warming food . Man, Stephen buts on that white hat in the kitchen and magic happens .
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 07:01 AM UTC
Happy Cinco Di Mayo everyone.... Coronas all around!!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 07:19 AM UTC
Cheers Penny
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:07 AM UTC
Funny how things happen, I mentioned the film The Sand Pebbles the other week and hey presto here it is on Sky tonight. Pretty good for it's age.
:[]-- How do Roden get away with charging more than avaerage for their kits and supplying rubbish decals Strutter decals dissolved on contact with water, fortunately I only lost two cockades from the fuselage.
Need food, burgers and beer tonight