Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Modeling cafe
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 09:21 AM UTC
Big brownie? I already carry too much around my center of gravity. It will upset my bikes behaviour. Bad Penny! Bad bad!

Tony (Compact!)
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 04:06 AM UTC
That coffee smells wonderful Penny ! Where did you get the beans ?

Now , now Tony ......one slice will not kill you . It is so good it just melts in your month .......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate !!!!!!!!! so creamy .can't stop ..........need more .......................oh yeh ! whip cream on the side !!!!!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 02:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've found the grinder, and started grinding the beans for ya. Just give me a few and I'll have the pot perkin' the brew. I also brought a couple of my home-made chocolate pies. (it's like a big brownie) Mmmm.

Coffee and pie . . .chocolate pie! You are my new best friend! How about "Charlie and the chocolate factory' ? I have a nice Pecan pie cooling in the freezer. Warning its a bit rich. And I have some Chocolate and French Vanilla mousse with bits of fudge and Maccadamia nuts mixed in.

Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 06:03 PM UTC
My first three models finished (well, sort of anyway, still a few bits and bobs to add) in 20+ years...!

Probably need another few before I tackle my first WWI crate...
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 04:37 AM UTC
Well you have been busy with glueing , sanding and painting along with decalling .

They look fantastic Jan ! Hey we can have our very own model show here at the cafe !

.......( trips over Tony ! ) Andrew laughing in the back ground ........................
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 06:46 AM UTC
Thank you ever so much Terri....!

....now, now! A classy lassie shouldn't be using THAT kinda laguage! There are wee lads here with sensitive small ears....

Now, this is just embarrassing.....I knew that I had a few tank kits, Tiger I, Panther G, Stug III (I think), Jagdpanther, and Jagdtiger and a few more bits and bobs....
Had completely forgot that I had these back here in Sweden, so it was a somewhat pleasant surprise to find them....

LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 08:06 AM UTC
Well, my ears have allways been large and dominant, but the have folded in a bit due to a loooot of helmet time over the years. But they can take a lot of cursing, especially from ladies, so don't be shy.

Like your bunch of Luftwafers Jan. By the way, wouldnt that be the ultimate thing for icecream? Messerschmitt-shaped chokolate wafers?

.....hmmm.....better shut brain off soon.....going rampage it does...

Tony
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 04:37 AM UTC
Muthapusbucket armour! Who let them through here? Jan! If they run over our garden outback there will be hell to pay! Whats this tarp doing here? Terri, Andy, Andrew and Tony somebody where is lunch? I am hungry.
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 06:06 AM UTC
Where is lunch? Hmmm. Directions, huh?

Stephen, if you can just hold yourself a month or two I can give directions to everything. The Swedish homeguard is switching from Swedish mil's on the compass to Nato mil's sometime this summer. After that we will speak the same language as you yanks. Is that ok?

If not, look for JayPee. He's apparently got canned Haggis.....

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 06:29 AM UTC
Now don't be so grumpy ! Just because Jan sunk in the armor thingies under everyones nose ( he meet well , just wanted to share some of the tanks that aircraft destoryed in war , that's all ) doesn't mean for you to fly off the handle !!!

So you want lunch hey ! okay for lunch today will be one of my all time favorite . Tuna club sandwich , on this master piece Starting with a bowl , few cans of white tuna , green onion finely chop , baby dill pickle done the same way , dash of pepper with a pich of sea salt . And miracle whip .
mix really well , set a side . In a frying pan .........( get out of the kitchen Tony , remember what happened the last time , do we need to repeat that ! ) fry up 1 pound of Canadian bacon , best in the world ! so it's nice and teander not to crispy ! ( Goes out to graden a picks fresh romian lettuce . ) Hoggie buns are getting a nice tan in the oven . When everything is ready place tuna mixture on bun top with bacon , lettuce , tomatoes , swiss cheese . Place on plate with french fries served with a nice ice cold beer or two ! Hope you guys are hungry lots of sandwich's here for everyone !

The trap door has it's purpous .................in do time , in do time

ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 07:08 AM UTC
The coffee beans were some that Andrew had... I also found a couple of glass display cases at a yard sale. I've put them over in the empty corner. Now we have a place to show off some our favorite pieces.

Terri, Lunch really sounds good!!!
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 07:50 AM UTC
Yup. Lunch sounds great. Now I just have to find my way outa the kitchen....

Now, where's me compass.

By the way. What's this thing with Canadian bacon? Our little neighbour Denmark contains 5 million danes, and 15 million pigs. Now, that's a bacon makin country! Not to mention their chrispy porksteak (fläskestek). If you try that, your #1 favourite is suddenly #2. In my case it beats scraping my left knee, hanging out of me bike in a roundabout!

To the fläskestek we will have a potatogratin with quite some garlic, a red wine sauce and Aalborg aqvavit as a snaps. Now, nobody raise the glass without taking up a little (preferably dirty or juvenile) tune. Ok?

Tony
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 08:15 AM UTC
Did someone mention Haggis?
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 11:30 AM UTC
With that recipe, Terri, you might even get me eating tuna.

Modls for the cabinet, heres one from a former life 1/48 scale scratch built HMS Scarab, river gunboat, 2 x 6" guns. Original constructed 1916, broken up 1948. Working and radio controlled, currently dismantled awaiting TLC (60" long, need a big cabinet)

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 03:11 AM UTC
Glad you all like the lunch ! As for Tony , you never had Canadian bacon have you ! Man you have been deprived for many years my friend ! Not to fear though some is on the way, your taste buds are going to be dancing until dawn and beyond !

Penny , excellent pick on the display case's . They are huge , can get a lot of subjects into them . Where on earth did you find them ?

Now that is a very beautiful ship Andrew , how long did it take you to build it ?
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 06:16 AM UTC
Hrrmmpff! Nothing on me goes dancing!

I better put my tastebuds in the corner....

Ooops. Me and me big mouth. I guess tonights show must be Dirty Dancing. Bite the bullet guys, the chicks will be a lot easier to handle after that one.

Tony
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 07:14 AM UTC
Sorry Tony,
I'm one chick that is not much for chick flicks.. The only thing I like in that movie is the music. I'll be in the office watching a good Clint Eastwood movie... maybe "Heartbreak Ridge"

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 07:27 AM UTC
This is another chick which didn't like the film our music ! I'll be with Penny watching Eastwood films Sorry Tony
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 07:37 AM UTC
How about the Dollar triology and Once Upon A Time In The West with some spicy chili?
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 06:09 PM UTC
Well then Jan come on up to the office then ! Just hope you bring enough beer for every one !

Tony you have been coupe up indoors way to long ! Whats with all this crazy talk ?
A good night with the all girl ground crew just might fix you up right ! If Stephen is willing to share
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 08:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Did someone mention Haggis?

He said "canned Haggis". I imagine it is a bit like eating Argyll Socks that have been worn for 2 years without washing.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 08:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"Well then Jan come on up to the office then !. . ."

Hey what are you two up to, you two. . .Never mind.
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 10:27 PM UTC
Beer and whisky sampling.....
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 03:50 AM UTC
Yah , what he said !
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 - 04:45 AM UTC
Here....try this one, very nice and smooth.