Site Feedback
Have a suggestion or topic about this site? Post it here.
Modeling cafe
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 02:29 AM UTC
Lumber yard ? now that is different from what you do now ! Stephen I won't miss the -30 with the wind chill making it -40 I love the heat !!!!!!! It's very cold here on the prairies . Summers are very nice but we only have three months of that which isn't long enough .

Hurricane season will be a new experience for me, many things are going to be all new to me . Going from the city life working in a ware house to being a rancher . Just not looking forward to the drive down . being couped up in a truck for a few days .

I'm in the mood for some westerns movies , anybody up for Clint Eastwood ?
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 05:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Lumber yard ? now that is different from what you do now ! Stephen . . . I'm in the mood for some westerns movies , anybody up for Clint Eastwood ?

Yes, that was back in my college days when I worked 2-3 jobs and carried 20 semester hours a quarter. Was younger and not so crabby. Biblical Greek nearly undid me. I took the express schedule in the summer months. I remember my brain over loaded one day in class. The instructor said he heard me say "Gak!!!" with a far away look in my eyes. I woke up in a full upright and sitting position, totally oblivious to everything he said for the past 45 minutes.

Movies. . . I have on hand of the Spagetti genre are; The Good. Bad and the Ugly, High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider. (Though the last does not really qualify for Spagetti Westerns)

We'll throw some steaks on the grill, slice and fry some potatoes and chop up some greens and tomatoes for salads. hot coffee, sodas and beer.

Hot and fresh deep dish apple pie and slabs of mild cheddar cheese. (You will like it a lot, try it).
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 996 posts
AeroScale: 915 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 11:20 AM UTC
Great choice of films Stephen, good grub too. For an encore (and a laugh) follow it with Blazing Saddles. Good luck Terri, looking forward to seeing you back ASAP.
Jan, big drinks tomorrow ( no chance of the handcuffs), you bring the lock picks, I'll bring the tools (corkscrew & bottle opener) and lets see what Stephen has stashed away. Invite anybody else you want but make sure Stephen is out of the way. Film tomorrow could be Whisky Galore
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 831 posts
AeroScale: 688 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 06:00 AM UTC
Ooooh! Whisky galore should have an honor Oscar! If we could trick Eetu or Toumas into subtitling, a whole saturday of finnish -70's tragicomics in b/w would be a way to change perspective on life.

To chew to that i would suggest sami reindeer pemmikan and oily homebrewn vodka. It brings sisu to your heart and tears in your eyes!

Tony
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 09:41 AM UTC
Andrew sits alone in the cafe, the prairie winds whisle through the gaps in the decaying window frames and rattle the swing doors. Tumbleweed rolls past the door. Faintly in the background comes the sound of the credits rolling on The Outlaw Josey Wales. Andrew blearily inspects the falling level in the Deux 20year old brandy bottle and debates whether it is worth making his way past the broken lock to fetch another. Muttering, "I remember when thish plashe wash jumping" his head sank onto his folded arms on the table ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 04:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Andrew sits alone in the cafe, the prairie winds whisle through the gaps in the decaying window frames and rattle the swing doors. Tumbleweed rolls past the door. Faintly in the background comes the sound of the credits rolling on The Outlaw Josey Wales. Andrew blearily inspects the falling level in the Deux 20year old brandy bottle and debates whether it is worth making his way past the broken lock to fetch another. Muttering, "I remember when thish plashe wash jumping" his head sank onto his folded arms on the table ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Why is this door open? Oh I get it Andrew found the cheap whisky I poured into the Chivas bottle. I knew hiding the good stuff was the ticket. they will never find in in the . . . mumble mumble mumble. Where is Terri? Andrew would be in full make up and a dress and handcuffed to the pipes in the men's dunny if Terri were here.

Saturday night. . . lets see maybe some Mel Brooks specials. I heard Blazing Saddles was a request. Got it! Now "Young Frankenstein" and "History of the World Part 1" Thats the ticket.

Poor Andrew is gonna have such a headache. Hope he doesn't mind me banging around with the pots and pans . . .heh heh!

Tonight's fare will be, Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches on thick Texas toast. None of that fatty bacon mind you. House salads, and mustard potato salad - chilled. Bowls of tortilla soup with some melted cheese. And a big pot of red beans and chilis.

Dessert will be hot cherry and peach cobblers. Whipped cream and or half and half to pour on the cobblers.

Since Andrew missed the good stuff I'll break out a couple of bottles of the 25 year old single malts. And keep them just out of his reach.

The coffee will be a real - French dark roast. Lets see. . . creams and a chocolate Turkish congac. Am I missing anything?
Lucky13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
AeroScale: 1,119 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 03:24 AM UTC
Hmmm......what's this...? *sniff....sniff...sniff* smells like Lochnagar *sniff..sniff* Old Malt Cask 29 Years *sniff...sniff* and 50% (Douglas Laing)
Better grab this unlabeled bottle before someone pour it out....

Think that I'll have a wee dram with my Cuban....

(Where is everybody...?)

Pours the dram and lighten his cigarr....aaaahhh....
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 11:57 AM UTC
Right breakfast time, 2 of everything, bacon, egg (sunny side up), sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, beans, fried bread, all followed by toast, butter and marmalade, big mug of tea a copy of your favourite morning rag and enough time to read it. What about a classic film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, "can't swim- the jump will kill you!"
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 03:32 PM UTC
Have recently seen the movie "Taken". Can't recommend it highly enough! Every dad with a daughter should take notes. Liam Nesson night tonight folks.

Kingdom of Heaven, Michael Collins and Schindler's List.

New York cut steaks and baked potatoes. Corn on the cob, chopped raw vegtables. Salad dressings. Peabody's Mountain Roast Coffee from Colorado. Fresh creams and half & half.

HHmmm desserts, We still have Cherry cobbler and lets see, Apple turnovers. . . .no frost icing please.
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 03:40 AM UTC
Late night in the barracks. Uniform off, a pint or two in the belly and the sergeant in the next bunk hands out Caol Ila to anyone who wants something to sip on. Pour a respectable dose in the fold-a-cup, and join in the smalltalk and general lying for a while. Last sip taken and the cup is again folded.

Early morning outside the classroom, a waiting line stands in front of a field canteen of coffee. Some murmurs and coughs in the line, everybody just a bit lower than around midnight the night before, but finally - theres coffee. Reach for the cup in the leg pocket, unfold it, open the tap on the canteen, pour some coffee and . . . "WHAT'S THAT SMELL OVER THERE! ARE YOU DRINKING HERE?"

I guess I didn't drink enough the night before, and that's one thing you don't say too many times in your life!

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 05:52 PM UTC
terri pops her head in the door , no one around at all almost like a ghost town .
Hi guys just dropping in to say hi righ now Im trapped in a small city . customs would nt let cross the boarder . so off to see a immagration lawyer in the morning . not in a good place right now . no job and place to live really sucks ! so i really don't know when i will be back until all the legal matters are taking care of . i have to go for now but will try to ckeck in with in the next few weeks
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 09:01 PM UTC
Terri.

Thats really not good news. we're all thinking of you and hope you get sorted quickly.

Andy
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 05:06 PM UTC
Limbo stinks.

Ok folks its the weekend and we need a pick me up.

Sicilian Pizza rolls, Italian Nachos and assorted strombolis and calzones.

God father I - III and a Bronx tale. all weekend. As for the desserts ?

Leave the gun take the canolies. Coffees will be Uzo from Crete and Sicliy. Lemon Tea from the Amalfia coast. Imported Cigars from the Carolinas. The flush variety and the Greek cognac with the cherry licquer base.
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 03:40 PM UTC
Wow Stephen what a great pick me up . Thanks Andy ! Meeting with the laywer went well . have a plan in place just have to get the paper work on which they need and i should be on my way in about four months time .

So who wants a beer ?

LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 08:10 PM UTC
Four months, Terri? Geee, that calls for a Bitburger in the shade. . . . or a box! Careful when opening though. The caps do twist of, but you can cut yourself.

Help yourself while I get the second box...

Or maybe...the weather might call for a new batch of my famous Glögg! Now, where did Stephen hide those boxes of Smirnoff....

Good luck Terri Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 - 11:26 AM UTC
Tony , I think this calls for more then just a box , better make a few boxes to be on the safe side . for the next few months i don't want to have to fell a thing at all . nothing wrong with being comfortible numb !

tonights moive will be hellboy 1and 2 . food will be fpr the local pizza place , very simple and goes great with beer .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 02:12 PM UTC
in the land of make belief i sit in front of my work bench with a fresh new kit . box top is off the smell of plastic fills the room with a pleasent aroma . goiing over the kit parts checking the level of detail on the crisp plastic parts . what marking s will i choose ? better see what i have in the spare box for this project . some details will need to be replace and others others added . oh hey a beer ! lets see what paints are needed and if i have to make another trip to the hobbyshop .

parts are starting to be romved for clean up and test fitting . looking good so far ........wing root will need a little refining for a snug fit . struts are a little week and willl need replacing for a stronger support . now what do i have for refs..................................
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 10:54 AM UTC
Definate sounds of someone settling in a bit. Terri I hope the real life gets better as well. Still trying to finish not one but 2 gliders now before I can dive into the Roden Strutter.
Sitting in a London hotel tonight so no modelling, but the menu is the one compensation, Smoked Duck breast on leaves to start, Grilled fillet of Royal Sea Bream with ricotta, Spinach and blackberry preserve, and Prune and Armagnac Parfait with brandy flavoured Creme Anglais. Washed down with a large glass of Pinot Grigio and Lavazza Espressos. Films tonight, The Firm and The Devils Advocate
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 - 04:32 PM UTC
Thanks Andrew it's nice to have everyones support . Well you are eating very well tonight . the duck sounds month watering .
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 02:01 AM UTC
Happy birthday to me , Happy birthday to me ! I turn a year younger Happy birthday to me !

drinks are me today gent's !!!!
LongKnife
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Jönköping, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 05:45 AM UTC
One year younger! Jag har den äran att gratulera, Terri!

Keep the mood up. I'll put on cheerio with Jethro Tull on the jukebox. And after that soft start - let's dance all night!

Tony
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 08:09 AM UTC
Well then Tony , woulld you like the first dance ? ........................................
amegan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 09:16 AM UTC
Happy birthday to you Happy birthday to you Happy birthday dear Terri Happy birthday to you
Cake with 21 candles appearing (like most of us, I imagine you as 21 and some months) and a bottle of Veuve Cliquot, If Stephen will release it from the vaults.

To Terri, Happy Birthday

Andrew
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 08:01 PM UTC
As per i'm a day behind, but a very happy belated Birthday Terri, hope you had a good day.

Sorry if i've been quiet this last two weeks, made a visit to the Somme battlefields with my Father a couple of weeks ago, to visit where my Grandfather served in WW1 and it's affected me quite a bit. Should be made a compulsory visit for all School children.

Normal service will be resumed soon.

Andy
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 - 04:30 AM UTC
Geeting ready to retire from law enforcement. Seeing all the garbage in the news and remembering some of the inmates I have had the pleasure of keeping locked away from society, I was thinking of this song.

Well a man come on the 6 o'clock news
Said somebody's been shot, somebody's been abused
Somebody blew up a building
Somebody stole a car
Somebody got away
Somebody didn't get too far yeah
They didn't get too far

Grandpappy told my pappy, "back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street, for all the people to see

for all the people to see

(Chorus)
that Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we'll sing a victory tune
We'll all meet back at the local saloon
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces
Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses.

We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds
Too much corruption and crime in the streets
It's time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground
Send 'em all to their maker and he'll settle 'em down
You can bet he'll set 'em down 'cause

(Chorus)
Cause, Justice is the one thing you should always find

(Chorus)
you know that Justice is the one thing you should always find