_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
REVIEW
Fw 190 A-5 w/BMW 327
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 06:28 PM UTC
Hi Steffen!

Quoted Text

I personally do not like irregular shaped bases (I prefer rectangular bases) but you did a good job on them!

I like the irregular shaped bases. But this is indeed a matter of taste. The Mark58 products are very easy to work with as they are made of tinted acrylic resin. They only need a couple of washes to look like on the pictures. I used Future mixed with Tamiya acrylic paints for the washes.

Quoted Text

whats next?

For this year (if I can find the time):
- Rafale C (Hobby Boss) for the Mark Sharpe Campaign
- R-4/Hoverfly Mk.I with floats (Special Hobby) for the Guardian Angel Campaign
- P-40 K (Hasegawa) for the Rumble in the East Asian Sky Campaign

Maybe I can squeeze something else in between who knows. And I must also work on the Aloutian diorama and the Bugatti!

Jean-Luc
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 06:44 PM UTC
Jean-Luc,

Great job, as everyone has said. After watching you do this build I may have to go get it. I don't have a 190 yet...... Though I'm still debating whether or not to get Eduards Royal Class 190. Great Models still has a bunch in stock. But, the Hase is appealing because of the car. I was a diehard BMW rider and have a soft spot for their stuff.

Again, great job!

-Derek
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 06:46 PM UTC
Hallo Jean-Luc

I wanted to know what the very next model is, because I had the impression that you focus on a model and finish it.

I have a "disease" that leads me to start every model i buy and park it in the stash if something interesting appears or if I encounter problems I cannot solve instantly .. so I have several (a lot of) projects running parallel.

It is nice you want to proceed on the Bugatti ... It is an interesting project where I can learn a lot!

viele Grüße

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 06:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jean-Luc,

Great job, as everyone has said. After watching you do this build I may have to go get it. I don't have a 190 yet...... Though I'm still debating whether or not to get Eduards Royal Class 190. Great Models still has a bunch in stock. But, the Hase is appealing because of the car. I was a diehard BMW rider and have a soft spot for their stuff.

Again, great job!

-Derek

Derek

the BMW will be sold separately (i post a link, because the newsletter pix are rather big): http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/special/20070830_HAS08P/default.asp?p=2

best wishes

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 07:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wanted to know what the very next model is, because I had the impression that you focus on a model and finish it.

Hi again Steffen!

You beat me for the BMW 327 answer!
But the Fw 190 + car combo is really a nice boxing. Do you think the Priller figure will be included in the BMW 327 standalone kit?

Yes I only build one model (or project in case of a diorama) after the other. I just can't do multiple projects and I find it easier to focus on one kit. I don't say it's the best method but it's the one that works best for me. So the very next model should be the Rafale...

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP