HistoryThe North American Aviation P-51 Mustang is an American long-range, single-seat fighter and fighter-bomber used during World War II, the Korean War and other conflicts. The Mustang was designed in 1940 by North American Aviation (NAA) in response to a requirement of the British Purchasing Commission for license-built Curtiss P-40 fighters. The prototype NA-73X airframe was rolled out on 9 September 1940, 102 days after the contract was signed and first flew on 26 October.
The Mustang was originally designed to use the Allison V-1710 engine, which, in its earlier variants, had limited high-altitude performance. It was first flown operationally by the Royal Air Force (RAF) as a tactical-reconnaissance aircraft and fighter-bomber (Mustang Mk I). The addition of the Rolls-Royce Merlin to the P-51B/C model transformed the Mustang's performance at altitudes above 15,000 ft, matching or bettering that of the Luftwaffe's fighters.] The definitive version, the P-51D, was powered by the Packard V-1650-7, a license-built version of the Rolls-Royce Merlin 66 two-stage two-speed supercharged engine, and was armed with six .50 caliber (12.7 mm) M2/AN Browning machine guns. History swiped shamelessly from Wikipedia
The BuildOnce equipped with the 32515 Placards set of Eduard, I started manufacturing our from the cockpit . Here the focus was on the construction of the wooden floor which was constructed from a wood adhesive tape.I added some details in the cabin area and some wiring in the area behind the pilot's seat , where the bulky radio aircraft stands.
I continued to strengthen the engine Packard V-1650 provides the kit , adding where necessary wiring, piping and details. Interventions have also been made in machine guns , ammunition box , landing gears, pilot seat, radio, sight , cowling rails. The typical antenna type F boomerang shape on the back of the fuselage , was easier than laminate . The flaps are given incomplete , as intended for release up. So I had to add plastic to the perfect length , since we wanted to present them lowered , while metal adhesive tape used for the representation of the unpainted surfaces. Riddle turned to place the visor in place, which we managed with the help of epoxy putty Millipout very grating, and patience.
Painting, Marks,The endThe particular variant Dessert Lifecolor painted with colors , after having sprayed the primer No. 1 Humbrol. The codes are as follows : UA 091 Dark Green, UA 412 Extra Dark Brown, UA 401 Tropical Tan, UA 060 Green, and UA 021 Light Grey on the lower part of the aircraft. The new type of fuel tank , metal rails engine , landing gear and tire rims stained with the ALC-106 White Aluminium of ALCLAD.Inside the cockpit and nests landing gear stained with UA 042 Chrome Yellow Lifecolor. Also used in the X-1 Black of Tamiya, for areas where stomped technicians .
The decals printed by us in Clear Decal Film, using an inkjet printer. Finally the model was sprayed with XF 86 Flat Clear matt varnish of Tamiya. Followed wash with Raw Umber of Winsor Newton.The beautiful tires kit soiled by MIG Pigments.
I hope you will like it!
Copyright ©2020 by christos papadopoulos. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of AeroScale, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. Opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of AeroScale. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2016-08-05 21:46:48. Unique Reads: 8867