Cold War Tin Cans Around the World: Wrap-up
The Campaign...Starting back on February 1, 2008 the Campaign Cold War Tin Cans Around the World was launched. It was established to pay homage to the unsung workhorse of the worlds Navies during the Cold War. From ASW to AAW they did it all.
The rules were simple and straight forward.
1) Any destroyer from any country is allowed. Time period covered is from 1950 until January 1992. Also allowed are ships that were at one time considered destroyers or destroyer escorts.
2) All skill levels are encouraged to participate, and may range from out of the box to total scratch builds.
3) At least one build must be completed by the end date of this campaign (multiple builds are encouraged).
4) In-progress photo's are highly encouraged (what better way is there to experience each others builds!).
5) The most important rule of all, HAVE FUN!
We had 22 enter the campaign but only 7 finally finished. The biggest part of a campaign is taking part, finishing or not. I would like to thank everyone who signed up for this campaign. I would also like to thank all of those who finished. Please be sure to take a look and comment as you see fit.
Bruce Simard- Frigate USS Richard E Byrd
Bruce Miller grayghost666 Kai Feng
James Bongiovanni jimb USS Fletcher
Dade W. Bell Karybdis JMSDF Hatsuyuki
Christer Roy HMS Sheffield
Jesper SGTJKJ - HMS Sheffield
Mike Taylor modelguy - HMCS-Haida
Copyright ©2020 by Jim Adams. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of AeroScale, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. Images also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. Opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of AeroScale. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2009-02-26 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 11530