by: Jean-Luc Formery [ ]
IntroductionModel Aircraft is a sister magazine of Scale Aviation Modeller International and is published by SAM Publications as well. While the latter is more focused on aircraft modeling, Model Aircraft's articles have a stronger historical background to them. It is nevertheless aimed at modelers since most of the content is accompanied by builds of plastic model kits for illustration purposes.
Model Aircraft February 2012Here is a list of the aircraft types featured in this issue of Model Aircraft:
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
- 2 double pages of scale plans drawings in 1:144 scale.
Boeing EA-18G Growler
- 4 pages build article of the 1:48 scale Hasegawa kit built from the box.
Bristol Brabazon I
- 4 pages build article of the 1:72 scale Amodel kit built with working contra-rotating propellers.
Dassault Falcon 2000EX
- 2 pages review build article of the 1:72 scale Broplan vacuform kit built from the box.
Hawker Sea Hawk
- 2 pages historical article accompanied by 4 photos.
- 3 pages build article of the 1:72 scale Hobby Boss kit.
Junkers Ju 88
- 5 pages historical article about Ju-88 of the National Museum of the US Air Force (9 photos and 5 profiles).
- 2 pages review build article of the 1:72 scale Revell kit built out of the box.
Pilatus PC-6/B2-H2 Turbo Porter
- 1 page review build article of the 1:48 scale Roden kit built from the box.
- Airwar over the Bekaa (10 pages article with 28 photos and 10 profiles).
- Rolling out Superforts (the B-29 built at the Bell Bomber Plant - 4 pages).
- World War I in Focus - German Seaplane fighter Part 1 (4 pages with period 14 photos).
- IPMS (UK) Column.
- Civil War Cartoons (1:48 scale Hobbycraft I-16 and Airfix Bf109 E in Spanish Civil War markings).
- Aeronautical Wanderings (4 pages with 16 airshow photos).
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on AeroScale