The figure comes in standard Pegaso Models blue cardboard box. The front cover shows a full photo of the figure painted by Luca Marchetti
. It can be used as a painting reference in additon to the painting document prepared by Marco Giuliani
in 2 languages (Italian and English). All parts arrive sandwiched between two slabs of thick gray polyfoam. Small parts are secured in a plastic bag.
The figure is sculpted by Pietro Balloni
and made up of 8 white metal parts. All parts are clean casted, very well detailed and crisp. There is no need for a serious clean up, filling or sanding. You only need a knife to remove the excess metal inside the kettle hat. I advice you to brush your figure gently with a wire brush and then brush it again with an old toothbrush and mild detergent or soap to make it shine before priming. Remember that brushing figures makes details visible and priming makes paint adhere much better on metal figures.
The parts are;
- Torso with left arm ; He wears an open front surcoat over his mail hauberk. Cloth folds and ties of the surcoat are well defined. Left arm is casted in pointing pose. Chainmail texture, upper arm guard with studs and glove with studs are well represented. Two mounds at the bottom of torso make a good fit to the holes on the left leg part.
- Left leg ; Chainmail, knee guard, lower leg plate, holes and buckles on the belts, straps on shoe and cloth folds are well defined. The mound inside the leg makes a good fit to the hole on the right leg. There is a groove on left side to make the assembly of sword easier.
- Right leg ; Details are good as in left leg.
- Head ; He wears a mail coif. Chinstrap is casted over the coif.
- Kettle hat ; He wears a Kettle hat, the popular headgear of European foot soldiers. Small excess metal has to removed before assemblying the kettle hat to the head.
- Right arm carrying mace and chain ; Glove with studs, upper arm plate with studs and details of mace like hand grip, leather strap and chain are well defined. The mound on the arm makes a good fit to the hole on torso part and is very useful for the correct posing of the arm.
- Sword in scabbard ; well casted with good small designs on scabbard and pommel.
- Figure base ; Ground texture, a few rocks on the ground and a small tree stump are well defined. The holes on the ground makes the figure assembly easier and good fit.
Casted in high quality with good details, ease on clean and assembly , different heraldy painting options and nice posing. Studs on gloves and upper arm guards makes the figure very attractive.
Thanks to Luca Marchetti
of Pegaso Models
for the review sample.
The review of another figure of Pegaso Italian Knights 1280 series ; 54086 Florentine Knight
can be seen here