The Eighth Air Force was the crucible of strategic bombing in World War II for the USAAF. The idea that the enemy could be brought to their knees by daylight bombing was the mission of the Mighty Eighth. From a few underequipped, undertrained, and unescorted squadrons in 1942 to the air armada of 1945 and beyond, the Eighth has become a legend of the air. This campaign will celebrate the heritage of the Eighth Air Force, in all its incarnations, from 1942 to today.
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must represent the Eighth Bomber Command or Air Force from its inception in January, 1942 to today. No what-ifs.
2. Any scale of aircraft, vehicle, building, figure, etc. that fits into rule 1.
3. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
4. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
5. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
6. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
7. Model cannot be one used in another campaign.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!
This ribbon signifies that the recipient has successfully completed the Mighty Eighth Campaign!