World War I, originally known as The Great War, ran from August, 1914 through November , 1918 and it changed the face of Europe and the world. It also changed warfare. Submarines, combat aircraft, machine guns, artillery, and armored vehicles all either made huge evolutions or their first appearances in this conflagration. This campaign will highlight the use of armored vehicles in WWI. Introduced as armored cars in an attempt to protect scouts from machine gun fire, these vehicles evolved into larger and more heavily armed landships, soon called tanks, intended to break the stalemate on the Western Front.
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be an AFV from World War I.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale and any nationality (including captured vehicles) that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!