Names with Thunder and Lightning in them have been popular for aircraft for many years. Right off I can think of:
Lockheed P-38 Lightning
Macchi C.200 Saetta (Arrow/Lightning)
Kawanishi N1K1 snd 2 Shiden (Lightning)
Arado Ar 234 Blitz (Lightning)
F-16C/D Barak (Israeli Lightning)
Lockheed-Martin F-35 Lightning II
Republic P-47 Thunderbolt
Republic F-84 Thunderjet
Republic F-84 Thunderflash
Republic F-84 Thunderstreak
Republic F-105 Thunderchief
Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II
USAF Thunderbirds (extra points if it an F-84 or F-105!)
Macchi C.202 Folgore (Thunderbolt)
And I'll bet there are more. This campaign would allow any aircraft (or other vehicle) whose official or popular name includes the words Thunder or Lightning. Further, if the airplane or vehicle was named Thunder or Lightning by it's crew (and had the name or picture painted on) it would also qualify.
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be an aircraft or vehicle with the words Thunder or Lightning in the official or popular name. Could also be an aircraft or vehicle with a Thunder or Lightning name or art painted on it by the crew.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale and any nationality that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more that 30% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one "start" photo of the kit in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!