The real purpose of these "Group Builds" here on the Early Aviation forum is for us to learn and apply new modeling skills.
Now with the last KotS, I had the addition of figures to be included. This time the main thrust of the build will be to superdetail the motor(s). Wires, plumbing, fixtures, tanks, spark plugs, pumps, timing gears and equipment all to be represented. Good luck to everyone.
The Rules and Regs
Early Aviation Group Build Knights of the Sky III 2013 is set to begin.
Ok, to start there seems to be an inpression that we have been going with only WWI subjects only in the Group Builds here. Let me clarify: Any aviation subject either armed, trainer or civilian. From the Montgolfier brothers 1783 efforts through 1934. Production or prototypes. We are going to continue the the practice of non-exclusion. Everyone gets a chance.
The Rules and Regs
1. For the Aeroscale "Knights of the Sky" GB 2013 and we will open it to:
[b]a. All builds.
b. All vendors.
c. All scales.
e. In progress.
f. Unfinished hangar queens. But must be finished for this GB.
g. Injection moulded.
h. Vacuform plastic.
i. Resin, metal paper or wood. The components can be any combination thereof.
j. Kit conversions.
l. Super detailed.
m. Prototypes or main production versions.
n. Colour scheme from a real subject and relevant to your build.
o. Entries cannot be used for more than 1 campaign.
p. The completed or finished build cannot have been used in another GB. You can't just show up with a finished build. The build has to be blogged in the Early Aviation forum here at Aeroscale.
2. It must be a real Early Aviation subject up to 1934.
3. Each participant will submit a build thread (in Early Aviation title) a blog with images. Historical images of the original aircraft are a must to include. If the content meets conditions it will be considered for submission to Aeroscale for publishing as a front page Feature. A gallery will be set up for finished builds to be posted.
4. It will run from February 1st to November 30th 2013.
5. A campaign ribbon will be offered on completion.
6. Manufacturers will be approached and asked to honour the builder who uses their products in this GB build. There are no guarantees in this arena.
December 17, 2013. 13 awards have been handed out and we have come to the end. We have some fine builds to the tally. The unfinished builds will be allowed to compete in any future KotS GBs. My sincere thanks for your participation.