On June 22, 1941, German Forces Attacked the Soviet Union with over 3 million troops, 750,000 Horses, 600,000 Vehicles, 7,200 Guns, 3,000 Tanks, and 1,800 Aircraft along a 3,000 mile front.
The German Forces won great victories over the Soviets and suffered great defeats from the Soviets. The Germans got within 50 miles of Moscow before being pushed backed in 1941. In 1942 they went as far as the Volga River and the city of Stalingrad before being surrounded and forced to surrender.
At Kursk, the Largest Tank Battle in History, the German Army was bled dry and the Soviet Army went on the offense and did not stop till it conquered Berlin and destroyed the German 3rd Reich.
The Rules and Regs
Here is an overview of the rules:
1) The campaign starts June 22, 2012 and ends December 31,2012.
2) The area this campaign covers is from the start line at Brest-litovsk Treaty line in Poland to the End Line at the Eastern Border of Germany/East Prussia.
3) Any and all Nations that fought on the Eastern Front are allowed.
4) Such Nations that fought are: Finland, Italian, Hungarian, Spanish, Romanian, SS Units made up of troops from Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Swiss, on the German side, Plus any others that I missed.
5) Any and all Vehicles/Aircraft/Ships are allowed.
6) The scale allowed is 1/6 to 1/700.
7) Mini Campaigns such as the Battle of Kursk are allowed. This type of mini campaign is if the modeler would like to concentrate on a certain battle instead of just a general diorama setting.
8) You must post a photo with a newspaper showing the date with your model before you start your build.
9) You must post at least 1 in-progress photo in the thread during your build and the campaign, more are highly encouraged, as are BLOG's.
10) At least 1 photo must be posted in the gallery to get your Ribbon.
11) Have Fun.