2020 marks the 80th anniversary of possibly the most significant, and certainly one of the first, major battles fought entirely in the air: the Battle of Britain. As someone said at the time: “Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire.” That guy sure had a way with words.
At any event, the Battle of Britain was certainly a significant historical action and deserves to be remembered. Thus, this campaign. It is open to any aircraft, vehicle, artillery piece, ship, boat, or figure which took part in the Battle, which is officially recognized to have lasted from 10 July through 31 October, 1940.
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be an aircraft, vehicle, artillery piece, ship, boat, or figure which took part in the Battle of Britain.
2. Any scale that fits into rule 1.
3. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
4. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
5. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
6. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
7. Model cannot be one used in another campaign.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!