_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
NEWS
Eduard's June Aircraft releases
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 04:02 AM UTC
Eduard have an exciting bundle of new kits and accessories lined up for next month - including what may the earliest release ever of a set of painting masks... the Special Hobby Skua? Has anyone got hold of one yet?... (if so, I want a review!)

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 04:13 AM UTC
Goody another Mirage, I suppose i'll have to get that one to complete the set .
Andy
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 04:24 AM UTC
Hi Andy

If you ever build all the Mirages you've got lined up, we'll have to change your callsign to Delta! I think we can probably add this one to your collection...

All the best

Rowan
betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 04:33 AM UTC
Well I had better build a French one as mine are nearly all Israeli jets so far .
Andy
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 05:56 PM UTC
Hi Rowan!

Very Nice news!

These RAF figures will be perfect for my Dispersal Pen Diorama

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 06:32 PM UTC
Hi fellow eduardomaniacs

@ Rowan/Andy: thanks for the update .. I just bought a Profipack Mirage for 28 euro a few weeks ago, so the WE price is not that cheap ..

@Jean-Luc: do not forget to use the ranks and medals, that were issued recently

BTW in the past the Eduard crowd was inferior to other producers (e.g. ICM ... especially the WW2 Germans were very poor) .. hope they got better meanwhile. I also hope Eduard will issue a full set of Bicycles one day ... I must get the Japanese set for that item alone

greetz

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 11:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW in the past the Eduard crowd was inferior to other producers (e.g. ICM ... especially the WW2 Germans were very poor) .. hope they got better meanwhile. I also hope Eduard will issue a full set of Bicycles one day ... I must get the Japanese set for that item alone

Hi Schtefeun!

You are right, the ICM figures are the best ones... so far. I just assembled some for my dio and they do look great. I also hope Eduard will improve with their new sets. But even if it's not the case it's always nice to have some diversity.

It's funny you mentioned the Bicycle. I've just finished to build Flightpath's photo etched cycle kit...

It's the "women" version. There are three more "men" cycles in the set which differs only by the shape of the main frame. It's not a kit for modelers with "Wurstfinger" I needed more time to do the cycle than the Accurate Armor resin Tilly Truck! The only thing I don't like about the cycle is that some parts are too flat (saddle, handlebar, frame etc...) but I will try to add some volume to it with white glue. A review of the Cycle Set can be found here

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 11:12 AM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

I do not mean an etched bicycle kit. The Jap. pilots kit included a IM bike with etched spokes.

Your little bike looks good, but I think I am too ham-fisted to get something that delicate done - and you talk about "Wurstfinger" my skinny friend ..

have a nice "Herrentag" (in case such thing is known over at your place)

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 12:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I do not mean an etched bicycle kit. The Jap. pilots kit included a IM bike with etched spokes.Steffen

Hi Steffen!

Yes I understood you were talking of the cycle in Eduard's Japanes set (review here). I just posted this for comparison.

"Herrentag"? What's that?

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 12:56 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

Yes, I would like to have such a bicycle set with 4-5 bikes and 2-3 european civilians standing/walking and another 1-2 biking ...

Now we are going waaaay

As for Herrentag or Vatertag have a look here: Wiki: Christi Himmelfahrt scrol down and you find Wiki: Vatertag and here you needto read the Herrentags paragraph (especially: "...die Jugend sich zu Fuß oder mit dem Fahrrad auf den Weg zu bekannten Ausflugszielen macht, um dort den freien Tag mit viel Alkohol zu verbringen. Die Touren beginnen bereits am Vormittag mit dem Konsum von Alkohol und enden zum Teil erst spät in der Nacht.") ... good I do not drink, so I get a full day for a website update and a little modelling too.

until

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 04:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

... good I do not drink, so I get a full day for a website update and a little modelling too.

Hi again Steffen!

Ok, thanks, now I understand. Once you have finished your cycle ride, you can have a nice picknick with those Minimali items...

Wurst, Salami, Lyoner Fleischwurst, Brot, Käse, Gemüse uzw... alles ist vorhanden, sogar Wein und Bier!

And if you drank too much, you can then use this...

I will review them in the next couple of days...

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 05:30 PM UTC
Cool stuff Jean-Luc! I especially like the outhouse.

Looking forward to the review!!

What is the price of those sets?

best wishes

Steffen
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 08:21 PM UTC
I have a photo image of the Jasta 34b commander after he ran his Alb. D.III into an outhouse. Seriously.
 _GOTOTOP