_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
REVIEW
Opel Blitz Fuel Truck
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 09:45 PM UTC

This is a review of a nice 1/48 scale resin kit from from Sol Model, an Opel Blitz Fuel Truck that will look good aside a Luftwaffe aircraft. The kit is very nicely detailled but will require some work and therefore it is more aimed at experienced modellers. It represents very good value for money though.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 - 03:52 AM UTC
One of these would be very useful in 1/35th. Wonder what the Italeri kit is like?
rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One of these would be very useful in 1/35th. Wonder what the Italeri kit is like?

I have built the 1/48 Tamiya re boxing of the Italeri cargo truck - not a bad kit but Tamiya has now released their own new mold of the same and while I have not seen it you can bet the ranch it's better. I may be wrong about this but I seem to remember someone offering a resin tanker conversion - CMK perhaps ?
Richard
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 12:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've built the Italeri 1/35 kit before-- it's a good kit and a relatively "new" release-- I think it was released about five years ago, but it's a different model with a soft top, and different tank design. Lately it's been a little hard to find. CMK released a conversion kit as well in 1/72, and Academy released one in 1/72 too. I think Tamiya released one in 1/48. I have not seen a Tamiya 1/35 release of the Italeri kit as mentioned in the previous post-- but if so, it would have a soft top and different tank.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP