Typhoon 1/72 Finished
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 06:26 AM UTC
Hi guys:

At last I finished my Academy Hawker Typhoon. Today I built and painted the rockets of the left wing and placed them. These little rockets gave a lot of work. The canopy was masked with Parafilm M and it was a great diference with the Tamiya masking tape. It´s easier and no residue is left, so the final job is much better.
Well here are some pics. Comments will be much appreciated.

VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 06:52 AM UTC
Very nice job overall Carlos! Beautiful job as usual on the camo paint. Lot's of nice details I see there and I can't find any mistakes anywhere.
Great job!
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 07:11 AM UTC
Thnaks Von Cuda. Right now I´m finishing the last details of my second build in 1/72, It´s a P47D from Academy. I´ll take some pics later and I´ll post them.
I´m very happy with the little 1/72 kits.
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC
Another little cracker Carlos.
You should have quite a squadron of lovlies by now.

Like the camo a lot and the subtle exhaust stains really make it complete without hiding the beauty of the craft.
What paint did you use for the camo and how did you do the lovely exhaust smoking?

What have you got up the sleeve of your workbench for next?

Cheers
Peter
:-)
ukgeoff
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
AeroScale: 101 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 10:24 PM UTC
Carlos, I notice you've deviated from the instructions with your build. As I recall from when I built mine, the aircraft with those markings had the three blade prop and invasion stripes. Was it your intention to represent this aircraft at a later date?

Links to my example
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/12074/Typh0002.JPG

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/12074/Typh0001.JPG

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/12074/Typh0003.JPG
WingCo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:38 PM UTC
Nice build , thanks for sharing with us all.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 01:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another little cracker Carlos.
You should have quite a squadron of lovlies by now.

Like the camo a lot and the subtle exhaust stains really make it complete without hiding the beauty of the craft.
What paint did you use for the camo and how did you do the lovely exhaust smoking?

What have you got up the sleeve of your workbench for next?

Cheers
Peter
:-)

Hi Peter:
Thanks for your kind words. The camo was made as always with Model Master enamels (Ocean Grey - RAF Dark Green = upper surf. and Medium Sea Grey = undersurf.)
The exhast stains were made using black artist chalk. My method here is to make chalk powder an then I apply it with a soft flat brush (Nª3). The thing is to not over do it, so I go by little steps.
Now in my bench I have four projects:
- Westland Lysander 1/72 Airfix : this one is started. I have the fuselage and landing gears finished. It takes a lot of work, fit is poor and a lot of flash all over the parts. I think it will be a long term (2-3 months build).
- I´m enlisted in the Duel in the Sky Campaign so I´ll be building a Spitfire Mk Ia 1/72 Tamiya during June. With this brand I think that two weeks will be enough to finish it.
- I´m also going to build a Vickers Wellington 1/72 Revel AG for the Bombs Away Campaign. This one will go with ease because I´m planing to finish it by the end of the year.
- This weekend I started with a Mustang P51 B 1/48 Monogram Classics. With this one I believe I´ll be working a couple of months.

Well, if I could finish all these kits (and maybe one more) before the end of this year, I´ll be really very happy.

Regards.
Carlos

csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 01:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Carlos, I notice you've deviated from the instructions with your build. As I recall from when I built mine, the aircraft with those markings had the three blade prop and invasion stripes. Was it your intention to represent this aircraft at a later date?

Links to my example
http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/12074/Typh0002.JPG

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/12074/Typh0001.JPG

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/12074/Typh0003.JPG

You´re right Geoff. The thing is that I brooke the three blade prop, so I decided to change the scheme. Maybe this is a post Normandy Typhoon without invasion stripes and updated with a four blade propeller. I try to use my imagination to replace the brooken parts
Regards.
Carlos
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 07:01 PM UTC
Looks really nice Carlos. You are putting out some sweet looking builds.
Leon
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 09:10 PM UTC
Hey Carlos.
Your really getting the hang of 1/72,do we have a convert?
Very nice job there.Love the panel lines,,its something Ive really got to work on and youve got it just right imho.
Glad the parafilm worked out ok,especially after yoru recent luck with canopies
Nige
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 08:04 AM UTC
Thanks Colin, Leon & Nigel

Niguel:
I´m not converted 100% to 1/72. May by half & half. I discover this scale and love it, but I also love 1/48.
Right now I´m working in both scales

Apart of these lovely kits I think 1/72 is the ideal scale for twin engined bombers. Last week I bought the Revell AG B 25 J Mitchell. It´s fantastic, it´s the Hasegawa reboxing and it´s a lot cheaper. I recomend it to everyone. It will be in my stash for some time but I love to have it
For the Bombs Away Campaign I´ll be building a Vickers Wellington Mk X in 1/72 (Revell AG).
The one who´s giving me alot of work is the Airfix Lysander in 1/72.

Best regards.
Carlos
 _GOTOTOP