Catalina
07closet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 29 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 01:19 PM UTC
Hi,
My Dad's uncle was the navigator for a Catalina and i was wondering what colours their planes were so i can consider painting them those colours. Thanks
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 01:51 PM UTC
Hi!

What theater of operation, what air force? There are quite a lot of possibilities out there!

bilko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 584 posts
AeroScale: 96 posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 11:47 PM UTC
Tom

Try the Australian War Memorial (www.awm.gov.au) site for plenty of pics of Aussie Catalinas. Some were black others carried a cammo pattern.

Also I can't find the site - but there is an RAAF history site where they have histories and some pics from all the Squadrons so far - that might also help.

Have fun with the research.

Brian
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 04:07 AM UTC
Tom,

If your going to do an RAAF Pacific Operations Cat, the aircraft pic is a 43 Sqn RAAF bird, but the RAAF flew several Cat's with different livery [Overall Foliage Green, Intermediate Blue / Black, overall Black or the cammo of Sea Blue/Sea Grey over Black], in units of ASR and Comm's Flight's if you know the Sqn and what other info on the Cat, you have ot try this site.
http://www.adf-serials.com

Look in the RAAF Series 2 for the info on the Catalina's Operated by the RAAF.

There is a pic in my gallery of an RAAF PBY 5a Catalina in overall Foliage Green [the Foliage Green Cat model is on loan to the RAAF].

I hope this helps.
 _GOTOTOP