_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
flying razor finished
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
after starting this, putting it in the project shelved box for 18 months, picking it up again, having more problems with it ( i knocked the wing off TWICE, then had the undercart fall off, and i had to overpaint a lot of the decals) ive actually got the thing finished

Pixilater
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 231 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 10:24 AM UTC
Nice job, Phil !

I have the DML kit, which I started years ago and put back in the box. I bought lozenge decals, but my kit came without insignias. WW I insignia is not easy to find. I don't want to mask the lozenge to paint the crosses. Any idea who makes markings for this bird?

Well done !
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 05:09 AM UTC
the lozenge is an aftermarket set by pegasus, all the others are from the kit, but i think the decal sheet didnt get a carrier film put on, what i did was to coat them with humbrol gloss cote to hold them together,but this seemed to create a white "fogged" film on parts of the decals which i had to paint, this in turn made the rest of the decals look a bit odd, so the cowl, the "squiggle" and the wheels are now totally painted over decals. the second pic makes this look a lot worse than in real life
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 06:34 AM UTC
Seems like all the effort was well worth it Phil, looks good.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP