Hosted by Rowan Baylis
The Hurricane IIC is finished, pic's.
garrybeebe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 1,969 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 10:05 AM UTC
Just finished my Hurricane. This is the Revell Germany kit in 1/48 scale. It was a nice build that I enjoyed building very much. Makes me want to build more! In the pictures, the blue gray turned out more blue then in real life. Please feel to comment, and I hope you enjoy!

Best regards,

Garry

OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 10:38 AM UTC
Very nice!

What paint did you use?

garrybeebe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 11:29 AM UTC
Thanks for the complement! The paint I used was Model Masters enamel, all hand brushed on.

Cheers ,

Garry
TsunamiBomb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,447 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 12:01 PM UTC
awesome paint scheme, umm maybe put some black on the guns and on the tubes coming out the sides,( i cant think of the name on the top of my head) also maybe weather it somemore.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 01:35 PM UTC
Hi Garry

Very nice! I see what you mean about the Ocean Grey turning out a bit blt blue, but I expect the quality of the wartime paint varied a bit anyway.

What's interesting is that people often complain about Revell decals silvering badly, but you've got them to settle down beautifully! Did you use a gloss-coat or any "secret" techniques?

All the best

Rowan
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 06:40 PM UTC
Hi Garry,

Nice to see the finished kit. I agree with Merlin, the decals have gone on beautifully. Did you cut away the decal film around the lettering or do you have some secret to avoiding silvering?
garrybeebe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 08:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Garry

Very nice! I see what you mean about the Ocean Grey turning out a bit blt blue, but I expect the quality of the wartime paint varied a bit anyway.

What's interesting is that people often complain about Revell decals silvering badly, but you've got them to settle down beautifully! Did you use a gloss-coat or any "secret" techniques?

All the best

Rowan

Hello Rowan!
No secrets! I just gloss coated the surfice to be decaled, then used plenty of Model Masters decal set to soften them up. Also I laid them on VERY
carefully!
Thanks for the kind complements,

Garry
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2004 - 02:21 AM UTC
Very nice Garry, magnificent hand painting job and I have to agree, the decals are beautifully done too.
Are your pics taken with a digital camera? If so then it might be the white balance that is wrong, causing the, interesting, blue shade of Ccean Grey.
I have built one of these myself, out of an original Hasegawa box, I agree that it's a very good kit. I have also built a Mk I and have a Mk IID in my stash :-)
Mal
garrybeebe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2004 - 06:04 AM UTC
I want to thank everyone for your input and complements. The suggestions are always valuable, sometimes it take eye's from the outside to see!

Cheers,

Garry
 _GOTOTOP