Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Montex Il-4 Super Mask (K48292)
awrc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 05:34 AM UTC
Can anybody tell me whether or not the Montex Super Mask set for the Xuntong kit of the Il-4 includes masks for the non-decal markings on the aircraft (the red stars and the bort number) or if it's purely the masks for the glazing, the decals for the slogans, and you're expected to come up with the red stars and the numbers yourself? The information on Montex's own site suggests that it's just masks for the glazing and decals for the slogans.

I picked up the Il-4 and Tu-2S recently, and I'm discovering the problem of buying a kit that seems to have gone out of production a year or two back, as I've been scrambling to pick up aftermarket bits that seem, for the most part, to be discontinued (I've been lucky enough to get all the PE sets I know of, and most of the resin, and I really just need to find Tu-2 wheels, masks, and possibly aftermarket decals, although it looks like the Colibri decal sheet for the Tu-2 is OOP).

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Al
Andy_W
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 07:18 AM UTC
Al,
SM 48423 is Montex Mini Mask set. It includes only masks for clear parts of model. Montex mask series are marked as below:

Mini masks series - SM xxxxx
Maxi masks series - MM xxxxx
Super masks series - K xxxxx
Camouflage mask series - KAM xxxxx
Decals series - MD xxxx

You should look at K48377 or K48292 set.
awrc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 11:13 AM UTC
It’s the Super Mask I’m trying to find out about (specifically K48292). From the info on Montex’s site it’s clear that it includes the glazing mask, and also a water slide decal sheet with two slogans for the two options plus the “medal” for one of them. However there is no indication of whether the set includes masks for the stars and bort numbers. I know masks for stuff like that are normally part of a Super Mask set, I just wanted to see if somebody who has the set could confirm.

My other option is to pick up the AML decal sheet for the Il-4 and the Mini Mask, but the Super Mask is my preferred option.
Andy_W
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 04:12 AM UTC
Al, send e-mail to producer: [email protected]

In my opinion it's the easiest way to find the answer.
 _GOTOTOP