Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Sea Hurricane 1b
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
AeroScale: 272 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:12 AM UTC
Hi guys. I've done what I advise others to do and spent an hour on Google looking for close-up pics or drawing of the catapult spools and arrestor hook on the Sea Hurricane 1b with no luck.
Can anyone here help out please?
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 03:28 PM UTC
Hi Dave, is this for your 1/48 airfix hurricane? I have a resin insert for the underside of the rear fuselage of a hurricane which depicts the arrester hook. There are also a couple of small fixings which I assume are for the catapult. It is for the Hasegawa hurricane but if you want to try it on yours I will send you it.
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 07:15 PM UTC
Hi Martin,

Man, you are the tops. Do you still have my address or shall I pm it to you again, and do you want anything in return?

I'm looking to make Z7015 (7-L0 880 sqdn. HMS Furious as preserved in the Shuttleworth Collection. I already have the artwork done to make my own decals for the codes and serials.
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:11 PM UTC
Hi Dave, I'll get it in the post, I still have your address in my PMs. It will be Tuesday as the Easter holls means the post office will be closed until then. No, I don't want anything in return, you've given me plenty of good advice on my Sherman build recently so it's nice to return a favour. I just hope it will fit OK.
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:30 PM UTC
Thanks very much Mate.
I'm working on the Academy F5-E photo-recce Lightning at the moment so I have all the underwing bombs, rockets and ' bazooka-type-thingies' etc spare - any use to you?
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have all the underwing bombs, rockets and ' bazooka-type-thingies' etc spare - any use to you?

Thanks Dave but no, I doubt I'd have any use for them. Now if you happened to have a spare 1/16 R/C Sherman or Tiger knocking around in your spares box............ #:-) I'd love to have a go at one of those babies.
DaveCox
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:34 AM UTC
If I had any of them, being a confirmed track'n'wheel guy, do you really think they'd be spare? :-)
 _GOTOTOP