_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Anyone build the Flying Machines Macchi MC200
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 04:16 AM UTC
Hello,
Just spotted on Hannants that a company called Flying Machines does a 1/72 Macchi MC.200 and was wondering if the kit is worth getting for the price?

Google is usually my friend, but it's turning
up nothing.

Thanks
GaryKato
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
AeroScale: 163 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 01:00 PM UTC
Scalemates lists it as being released in 2015. They seem to have taken over some molds from Special Hobby (or maybe they did them for Special Hobby?). Only one person on Scalemates has completed it.
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 07:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Scalemates lists it as being released in 2015. They seem to have taken over some molds from Special Hobby (or maybe they did them for Special Hobby?). Only one person on Scalemates has completed it.

Thanks. There seems to be very little out there for both kits. Can find some sprue shots of the AML, but not sure if it's the same as the Special Hobby.

I'm gathering together some kits to do a Battle of Malta build in the new year, using Xtradecals axis and allies sets. Everything has been easy to find (most were already in my stash), but the MC200 is an elusive beast.
I vaguely remember buying the ancient Revell reissue, but no sign of it. I might be imagining it.

Not going to let it stop me starting everything else though.

_GOTOTOP