_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
News
Wingnut Wings: Hannover Cl.II (Early)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 07:43 PM UTC

Richard Alexander has announced the release of a new version of the Hannover CL.II, plus Wingnut Wings' plans for the upcoming IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
badwolf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 79 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 08:32 PM UTC
Just been looking at this and then looking at the Hanover i purchased in 2014, the differences £26 in the price, i was going to buy and thought £126 for a plastic kit, must be off my head
redcap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 311 posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 - 03:32 AM UTC
A lot of that cost Keith is directly attributable to these kits being priced in $US....and I suspect the exchange rate against Sterling will get worst before it gets any better given the dire political state ATM and the deliberate 'fudge' by the UK political classes with Brexit both causing economic uncertainty.

I am sure the end result of the new WNW kit will be superb but ultimately, it's for each to decide on value for money isn't it.

Gary
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Friday, August 02, 2019 - 06:21 AM UTC
Great news. But in case you missed it--32068 is the latest kit and will be revealed at the Convention. I'm hoping for a Hanroit, or an Albatros W4, but I guess we'll see next week! I'm also suspecting something French, just to start the rumor mill going! (Because in a photo a year ago, one of the CAD developers of the Lancaster had a "French aircraft of WWI" on his desk-- Yes, I know it's slim evidence to support anything). So far WnW has fulfilled all my dreams, except for the Hanroit, W4 and a Camproni CAII bomber. I'll die happy with those three. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to whatever the newest release is, whatever it will be.
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP