_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
News
Airbrushes.com: Alclad II Smaller Bottles
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 11:19 AM UTC

THE AIRBRUSH COMPANY LTD brings us news that ALCLAD II has bottled their products in smaller containers.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Scrodes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 771 posts
AeroScale: 763 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 01:59 PM UTC
Boo - The current bottle size is perfect, and the paints last forever so I can't imagine any benefit to switching to a smaller bottle.

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 02:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Boo - The current bottle size is perfect, and the paints last forever so I can't imagine any benefit to switching to a smaller bottle.

They can charge the same price for a smaller amount. That's the benefit for them.
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2019 - 04:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If I read it right, it's only for the large bottles of clear coat and primer, which come in a very large bottle now. And it makes sense too-- because the larger bottles of primer settle quickly, as do the flat and semi-flat clear coats. Also, I have always had trouble with the larger bottle caps drying to the bottle and breaking, leaving half a bottle of clear coat or primer to transfer. Those larger bottles tend to break easier too I've noticed, hopefully the smaller bottles will be stronger. Let's hope the price also goes down along with the bottle size.
VR, Russ
ANovaScotian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2019 - 02:35 AM UTC
Does this affect the USA Alclad II range or is this exclusive to the UK Alclad range?
 _GOTOTOP