_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Revell 1/32 Me262 B1/U1
Twentecable
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 339 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 04:45 AM UTC
Ok guys, next project. Or better a reboot. I had gotten this as a bd present and started this one last year.

Due to stress at work and a training and uncertainity I could do the mottling scheme I put it aside. Having finished my La-5 I now return to this but not without a challenge. Due to the home decoration I got no workspace AND most of my paints and stuff is behind a heap of other stuff in the garage. So I can just cut, clean and glue abit. This makes that I try to clean and assemble as much as possible. And cleaning I do need to this. My first verdict is that it is not a perfect model but this package of a big bag of plastic and lots of nice detail for €35,- is a steal.The box with sub assemblies and parts fill quickly.

Well there are a view weird attachment points on the engine part. Points?? Hmm more strips, will have to sand down this abit. There were four of these strips on both engine caps .

The lower hull with lower wings. I needed to help this a bit to get the undercarriage part in place. Dry fitting with the hull will show if I can proceed.

I can only build with good weather in the gardin till 5pm. So pray with me for good weather next weekend!

Greetings Lars
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 01:41 PM UTC
Looking forward to your build Lars

Terri
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
AeroScale: 1,517 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 03:44 PM UTC
Hi Lars looking forward to this build! I've got the old old Revell/Monogram kit of this aircraft to build at some point. So I look forward to seeing you build this to give me some much needed inspiration to build mine. Don't sweat the mottle camo it's easier than it looks!
Antilles
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 671 posts
AeroScale: 614 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2018 - 03:52 AM UTC
Lars:
This will be an interesting build. Please tell us about the kit. Is it a newly tooled one, or the old one out of the seventies?

Oliver
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2018 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lars:
This will be an interesting build. Please tell us about the kit. Is it a newly tooled one, or the old one out of the seventies?

Oliver

This is the "new" one, "newly" tooled in 1/32 scale, although it's been out now for nearly two years since Late 2016. I have the kit and it's as nice as the Trumpeter 1/32 offering, maybe better in some ways and at a lower cost too. There are a couple of fit issues, but nothing that can't be overcome with some basic modeling skill. Aeroscale review is here:

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/review/12829

VR, Russ
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hi Mate, Be following this one with interest. I got mine at my local toy store because they do lay away (pay a little off each week) A little plug for Kerrison's toys in Norwich!.
I always think fore-warned is fore-armed when it comes to building kits so any problems with your build will let me know of future bumps in the road.
 _GOTOTOP