_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
News
Mr.Hobby: Black Liquid Glue
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 - 09:53 PM UTC

Mr Hobby is to release a black coloured liquid cement in September. For the moment this product is for the Japanese domestic market, hopefully this will be released worldwidern

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 03:29 AM UTC
Ok, for the life of me I'm trying to figure out why you'd need or want "black" liquid cement. I read the prospectus, and it mentions "seeing where the cement is going" and not worrying about using too much and "de-laminating" adjacent parts, but is that really a problem for folks? It seems to me introducing "black" into seams and around small parts will make the welds that much harder to cover up later. This is the second "useless" hobby item I've seen on Kitmaker this AM, hope we're not going for a trend here (the first was the Meng CA glueing station). I guess some folks might have a need for this, but it seems to me it kind of defeats the purpose of liquid cement (clear, so it blends in with the surrounding surface as it welds) in the first place.
VR, Russ
Vicious
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 11:16 AM UTC
Yep...I was just asking my self the same thing .... why ?? !! ....
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
AeroScale: 158 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 11:29 AM UTC
I'm wondering if maybe it is for the Star Wars and Gundam kits that have a lot of black plastic that doesn't always get painted. I've noticed regular cement tends to lighten the area it touches on some color plastics.
Robbd01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 791 posts
AeroScale: 213 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 - 01:08 PM UTC
Seems now the modeling manufacturers are producing things that you don't need and now suddenly you realize you do (or you think you do). I think Apple Inc has been doing that, for example I suddenly need a watch to get text messages (and other things) when my phone is in my pocket. Who would of thunk of that...

Cheers

_GOTOTOP