Hosted by Rowan Baylis
What To Do?
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 01:42 PM UTC
Hi Gang, I recently bought Revell`s ancient P-51B kit to "raid" it for its Berlin Express decals to use on a Trumpeter Kit (yes, I know what a hound that this kit is!).
What I was wondering is what I do with the kit now?, I've built one in the past and to say that its basic is an understatement so what to do with it now.
Any suggestions?.
BorgR3mc0
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands
KitMaker: 23 posts
AeroScale: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 02:13 PM UTC
Convert it into a pylon racer like the Red Baron or Precious Metal? You can have loads of fun scratchbuilding everything.
mrockhill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 566 posts
AeroScale: 507 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 - 04:32 AM UTC
Id build the shell and use it as a paint/decal test dummy. Leave out the tail wheel and hang it from a hook on the wall of your paint area

I also saw some photos online where someone was building fuselages and others spares with automotive model parts into post apocalyptic/madmax/steampunk fantasy vehicles, I might give that a shot one if these days it looked really fun.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 - 08:16 PM UTC
Build a model of a gate guardian. Stick it on a stick and weather the heck out of it, leave plenty of evidence that the birds have been visiting, faded paint, painted or sun-crazed canopy, perhaps a bit of graffiti on the stick and a passing dog posting his opinion.
 _GOTOTOP