_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
News
KP Models: New Fishbeds
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 06:50 PM UTC

KP is to release a line of new tool 1/72 MiG 21’s

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
HK_sends
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 43 posts
AeroScale: 28 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 05:14 AM UTC
Are these based on the R.V. Aircraft MiG-21 molds like the MiG-23 was? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just want to make sure of the quality and availability of the kits. -HK sends
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 03:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are these based on the R.V. Aircraft MiG-21 molds like the MiG-23 was? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just want to make sure of the quality and availability of the kits. -HK sends

Phillip I was a bit curious too. I have just been comparing the recent release of the images of the sprues and test build of the KP MiG 21 MF on Modelarovo compared to a review of the RV kit on ipmsdeutschland . You can make the comparision yourself, but we can see that the wing sprue originates from the RV kit, possibly the fuselage. The fuselage is on a new sprue along with the new tool cockpit and ordinance. The RV kit is a multimedia kit, whereas the KP kit is plastic. The quality of the KP kit looks pretty good to me, considering close up images can be a bit unflattering.
Tim
HK_sends
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 03:56 AM UTC
Wow! It's been forever since I checked this post. Tim, your findings do seem to track with some of the KP Fishbed versions being advertised as having a "retooled" fuselage. I can't verify since my R.V. kits are in storage in Florida and my KP kits are here with me in Nevada. As longs as they build reasonably well and look like proper MiG-21's...I'll be a Happy Camper!
Cheers!
-HK sends
HK_sends
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 03:59 AM UTC
...Then there's Eduard incoming...
 _GOTOTOP