_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Just too late for the war - Me P.1101
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 05:00 AM UTC
I’ve been concentrating on loser cars and realistic airplanes for a while, so I felt the need to get back to the “What If”-side of my personality! I remember back when Dragon first started issuing kits of some of the Luft ’46 projects; I was hooked! I didn’t even know what these planes were, but the models were super-cool. Sadly, they were also more expensive than I was able to pay at the time. Thank goodness for shows and a nice supply of cheap Luft-46iness!

This is the first of the Dragon Luft ’46 kits I’ve built. I know some people say there are fit issues, but this little guy wasn’t too bad at all! Check it out and let me know what you think. I should have bought the nachtjeager version of this thing when I had the chance!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/dragon-172-messerschmitt-p-1101/

LinusB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 247 posts
AeroScale: 105 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 05:25 AM UTC
Nice looking model Adam. Certainly some P.1101 made its way into the Sabre.
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 02:17 AM UTC
Yeah, I know, eh?

It's funny, the Sabre went from straight-winged to swept-winged almost overnight. Weird how that works, eh?

It's a shame Bell couldn't get permission to finish and fly the plane after the war. It would have been neat to see footage of it flying. However, the X-5 is about as close as it gets, so that's something at least!
 _GOTOTOP