_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
News
Revell: Supersonic Soviet Stopper
SgtRam
Staff MemberEditor-at-Large
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,971 posts
AeroScale: 511 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:11 AM UTC

An interesting name given to this aircraft by the original manufacture of this Revell kit that will be returning to hobby shelves soon.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:07 AM UTC
I'm building this (older boxing) right now. My father was an armourer in the USAF in Germany servicing these beasts.

Unfortunately it has raised panel line s. Thus isn't so bad except for the need to replace them. As they are ultra fine raised lines, I'm not sure how to replace them without them looking like crap.

Anybody got a method?

I bought some raised line decals, but I don't think they are fine enough.
Gaz
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm building this (older boxing) right now. My father was an armourer in the USAF in Germany servicing these beasts.

Unfortunately it has raised panel line s. Thus isn't so bad except for the need to replace them. As they are ultra fine raised lines, I'm not sure how to replace them without them looking like crap.

Anybody got a method?

I bought some raised line decals, but I don't think they are fine enough.
Gaz

You can very carefully scribe beside them and then sand the raised lines off. If you're looking to replace the raised lines, you can try scoring the plastic with a brand new razor knife blade, and then hitting it with thick primer. The primer sticks in the groove, and ends up looking like a raised line.

For myself, I'm wondering whether this release goes back to the Case XX wing, or whether the mould was permanently altered.
 _GOTOTOP