Hosted by Rowan Baylis
P-61A-10-NO Black Widow | Hobby Boss 1:48
Kendzior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 - 03:04 PM UTC
P-61A-10-NO Black Widow, by Hobby Boss, 1:48.

“Double Trouble”, 42-5565, July 1944, 422 NFS, Pilot Lt. R. Bolinder, Radar Operator F/O R. Graham, C.C. E.W. McLain. Four kills achieved by the crew. Plane written off after a landing accident in Belgium (Belgia) in April 1945.

Built in 2015, but now I decided to take some new photos and show it here. The radar cover should be painted black, but I missed that somehow... Hope you like it anyway.

Best regards
Hubert
rdt1953
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,098 posts
AeroScale: 900 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 - 04:37 PM UTC
Hubert - Another beautiful job - love the paintwork and black is difficult to do well but you have certainly made it work !
Cheers - Richard
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 12:04 AM UTC
Hubert, I always love to see a P-61. It's not often seen as a finished model. Many of us have at least one kit in their stash but are afraid to build it because of its sheer size. You did the Black Widow real justice!
Some years ago I've built 2 Black Widows at once out of Revell/Monogram kits from 1974, "Lady Gen" in OD/NG and "The Spook", which is my favourite P-61 and can be seen in my avatar ....

Torsten
Kendzior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 91 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 02:00 PM UTC
Richard, Torsten - many thanks for your nice comments.

I agree, that it is a challenge in terms of size, it is big. In fact in this scale most of twin engine aircraft are big, but this one is also heavy, due to the weights installed inside the cockpit and engine nacelles to avoid tail-sitting. Must admit, that HB provided clever solution here.

The main disappointment was that the fuselage wasn't ready to accept the turret, which was in the box, but without a major surgery wasn't possible to be installed. That's why I decided to make it as a turret-less version, which is also not fully correct, as you can see at the photo...

Anyway, she looks really nice next to Ta-154 on my shelf.

Best regards
Hubert
 _GOTOTOP