_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Am curious about undercoat choices
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 02:05 AM UTC
Recently, someone gifted me with a 1/48 conversion kit for the ME 262, the Antares kit for converting an ME 262A(I think, because in my research, I have yet to find out anything other than the C model 262 was a modification of the A model) to the Heimatschutzer IV.

While what I've been trying to find out might be more a Luft 46 project, for my purposes and plans, I'm going to avoid going in that direction if I can avoid it.

Anyway, at the late stage of the war when this might've be deployed(yes, I know, the entire project was dropped when the rocket system just could not get worked right), my question deals with undercoat paint and its availability.

I have a kit, and it calls for a pale green be used for interior stuff like the cockpit and the interior of the gun bay, but in reality, wouldn't just about any similar paint be used, such as RLM grey?

I like the Antares kit, as it is comprised with just three resin parts and a couple pieces of wire with the rocket fuel lines.

Also, besides any stencils on the tanks for the two components of the rocket fuel(T stoff and C stoff), as if and when this was ever deployed, wouldn't it have made more sense to color code each tank, say red on tip of one tank to denote T stoff, and green on the other for C stoff?
 _GOTOTOP