_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
News
LUKGRAPH : Vought SBU-1 Corsair
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:40 AM UTC

Łukasz Sznajder has sent us photos of his next release.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2016 - 04:53 AM UTC
Cool, one to add to my list, hope they follow this with a Curtiss SBC Helldiver.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
AeroScale: 1,198 posts
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2016 - 05:03 AM UTC
Great yellow wings project!
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:09 AM UTC
What a treat!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 - 11:24 PM UTC
I keep resisting buying his resin kits just because I've never built one. But Now I just gotta get one of these.
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 04:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I keep resisting buying his resin kits just because I've never built one. But Now I just gotta get one of these.

Joel,
You should really take the plunge-- Resin isn't that difficult nowadays-- especially with these state-of-the-art 1/32 kits from Silver Wings and Lukgraph-- they are almost flawless in molding, better than plastic even. Here's a link to a build article I did on a CMR resin Short S-23 4 engine seaplane kit I built a few years ago for Internet Modeler, there are some tips and techniques, but that CMR kit had issues when compared to these new Lukgraph kits:

http://www.internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/aviation/Czechmaster_Resin_1_72_Short_S-23.php

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Remember, these Lukgraph and Silver Wings (I have a few of theirs) are usually limited run kits-- it's not likely they'll be produced in plastic, if you don't buy them now, you wont likely be able to get one later.

VR, Russ

Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 05:42 AM UTC
It's not my intent to hijack this thread, but here is another Resin Kit from over on Large Scale Planes built by Nicolas Renoult. It's a Silver Wings kit of the P12, but again, a superb build of a resin kit-- those of you who have never done one before should really give them a try. These are not your Dad's Resin Kits-- they are carefully engineered, have almost no molding flaws--(especially those pesky ejector marks) and go together quite well. The smaller parts do sometimes require some clean up work, and some sanding precautions should be observed, but really, they are great kits for first time builders--especially in 1/32 scale. Don't let the word "resin" scare you--give 'em a try!

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=2536

VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP