Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Tamiya F4U-1 32 scale
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 06:26 AM UTC
Following the Spitfire the Corsair was next . I need to take better pic's , it is rather large !

Terri
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
AeroScale: 369 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 07:29 PM UTC
Nice work the dark camo came out really well
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 06:26 AM UTC
Thanks James

Terri
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:40 PM UTC
Terri,
One of my all time favorite planes. Then again the entire Corsair family is on that long list.

Congrats on what looks like a really excellent build. Your 3 color camo scheme coupled with light weathering really has your build looking like a well maintained, operational aircraft.

If I have just one suggestion, it would be a larger photo station as 1/32 scale isn't exactly small.

Thanks for sharing,

Joel

thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2016 - 07:02 PM UTC
Thanks Joel ,

The Corsair has always been a favorite of my as well . I have The F4U-1A with a lot of bells and whistles to go with it .

Terri
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 12:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Joel ,

The Corsair has always been a favorite of my as well . I have The F4U-1A with a lot of bells and whistles to go with it .

Terri

Terri,
The 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1A is on my very small to buy this holiday season. I'm trying my very best not to go nuts buying 1/32 scale prop kits as something new is always coming out.
Joel
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 06:24 AM UTC
Terri,

Just saw both your builds, and having no "emotional" strings with either Mustang or the Corsair, I must confess that the last sure caught my eye.
The painting, smooth construction details and realist pose are just but a few great details to name.

And like Joel mentioned, a larger photo size could help showing it better.

Cheers,
Pedro
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 06:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks Joel ,

Terri

Terri,
The 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1A is on my very small to buy this holiday season. I'm trying my very best not to go nuts buying 1/32 scale prop kits as something new is always coming out.
Joel

I know what you mean . When I was at the hobby shop a while back they had Hasegawa's new tooled Zero ! I bought it
It's a beautiful kit and it has a bunch of goodies as well . I do like 32 scale , but I just don't have the room for many so I get my favorite subjects .

Terri
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 06:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Terri,

Just saw both your builds, and having no "emotional" strings with either Mustang or the Corsair, I must confess that the last sure caught my eye.
The painting, smooth construction details and realist pose are just but a few great details to name.

And like Joel mentioned, a larger photo size could help showing it better.

Cheers,
Pedro

Thank-you very much Pedro , glad it caught your eye

Terri
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:04 AM UTC
Very nice build Terri, lovely work.

Cheers, D
Scrodes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 771 posts
AeroScale: 763 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 07:38 AM UTC
Looks good.

Kit markings? (I can't be bothered to go down the hall to check mine.)
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 10:39 PM UTC
Thanks D !

Matt , kit markings . 1976 was the year my parents got hitched so I felt this scheme would be very fitting .

Terri
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks Joel ,

Terri

Terri,
Joel

I know what you mean . When I was at the hobby shop a while back they had Hasegawa's new tooled Zero ! I bought it
It's a beautiful kit and it has a bunch of goodies as well . I do like 32 scale , but I just don't have the room for many so I get my favorite subjects .

Terri

Terri,
I'm trying not to think about the extra needed space per 1/32 kit. But the trade of is that most WW11 props aren't much bigger then my B-25B, and since they take me a min of twice as long to build, the space issue seems to even out some. Well, that's another way I'm trying to justify the move up in scales.

Joel
chrism
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 160 posts
AeroScale: 156 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:37 PM UTC
Nice job on your Corsair Terri!!
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 06:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks Joel ,

Terri

Terri,
Joel

Terri

Terri,
I'm trying not to think about the extra needed space per 1/32 kit. But the trade of is that most WW11 props aren't much bigger than my B-25B, and since they take me a min of twice as long to build, the space issue seems to even out some. Well, that's another way I'm trying to justify the move up in scales.

Joel

That is one way of looking at it I already have most of the ones I was looking for . Still have two more Tamiya kits , Zero ,two Bf109's , two FW190 and trumpeters P-51B . I would like to get another B model , but trumps or Revells I will pass on .

Terri
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 06:27 AM UTC
Thank-you Chris

Terri
 _GOTOTOP