Hosted by Rowan Baylis
New 1/32 A-36 Apache
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 01:49 PM UTC
Hi Gang, posting this in hopes of one of the manufacturers who might peruse this site reading it.
Can I (we) please have a 1/32nd scale A-36 Apache (Early Mustang) kit ?. This milestone in the history of the Mustang family has only ever been released by Hobbycraft models and now are as rare as Rocking horse poo !.
Many manufacturers spend thousands on market research and then release kits that nobody really wants when kits like these go untouched and would sell by the bucket load.
Oh well,here`s hoping !.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 01:14 AM UTC
Danny,
Not so sure that you can back up that last statement about manufactures after doing all sorts of research, releasing kits that nobody really wants. Care to name a few from major manufactures. Most seem to continue duplication of major types that are known best sellers.

About the only way you'll ever see a A-36, especially in 1/32 scale is from the limited run resin community.

Joel
armouredcharmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 670 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 12:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Danny,
Not so sure that you can back up that last statement about manufactures after doing all sorts of research, releasing kits that nobody really wants. Care to name a few from major manufactures. Most seem to continue duplication of major types that are known best sellers.

About the only way you'll ever see a A-36, especially in 1/32 scale is from the limited run resin community.

Joel

Think you`re right there mate !. Far too many manufacturers turn out " Paper Panzers " or you`ll get just another copy-cat of something already out there but with another decal sheet. If enough of us shout about something we might just get it.
chrism
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 160 posts
AeroScale: 156 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 01:23 AM UTC
A 32nd scale A-36/P-51A was one of the most requested models according to the latest Finescale Modeling magazine. I'm sure some one will bring one out!
redcap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 311 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 03:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A 32nd scale A-36/P-51A was one of the most requested models according to the latest Finescale Modeling magazine. I'm sure some one will bring one out!

And for many, many years, a 1/48 JU-52 topped the "most wanted" list in every model magazine poll (there was no internet at the time) and when Revell duly obliged, no-one bought it and it was one of their biggest shelf-sitters ever released.

Talk and reaching for the wallet rarely correspond with equal enthusiasm.

I can fully understand why manufacturers stick with kits they know will sell ...and sell...and sell and... even if it gets 'boring' for some of us.

Gary
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 07:32 PM UTC
Personally, I'm still waiting for a state of the Art P-51B in 1/32 scale. That my friends is a way more popular quested model then the A-36/P-51A. So far it's on the only vapor list.

Another yearly hot asked for 1/32 release is the Grumman F11F, and it's also on the vapor list, but somehow never manages to make an appearance.

Joel
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 09:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And for many, many years, a 1/48 JU-52 topped the "most wanted" list in every model magazine poll (there was no internet at the time) and when Revell duly obliged, no-one bought it and it was one of their biggest shelf-sitters ever released.

Very correct. The modellers community, by its buying habits, all too often discourages the innovative manufacturers.

If we really want the less well known aircraft to become available then we have to start building those rare models that are on the market.

_GOTOTOP