_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
News
Aviaeology: New decals and books; 10th Anniversary sale
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2016 - 12:30 AM UTC

Aviaeology has some exciting news to announce.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 03:24 AM UTC
Jessica,
I just placed my order for their Mosquito Mk VI 418 Sqn sheet #1. To bad that they weren't included in their sale. But I'm just glad that the Canadian Postal Service agreed to stay at the bargaining table and not go on strike.

It still so hard for me to think that the Canadian Gov't would allow such a thing. Here in the States, they're an official branch of the Federal Gov't, and therefore can't strike.

Joel

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 04:15 AM UTC
Canada Post used to be the Royal Mail, but they got privatised by a previous Government in 1981 to "save money". They're what we call a Crown Corporation, which is a sort of arms-length company but still ultimately owned by the Government.

Of course none of that prevents the work force from belonging to Unions and engaging in collective bargaining. In this instance, it was the Corporation threatening a lockout rather than a strike, by the way.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Canada Post used to be the Royal Mail, but they got privatised by a previous Government in 1981 to "save money". They're what we call a Crown Corporation, which is a sort of arms-length company but still ultimately owned by the Government.

Of course none of that prevents the work force from belonging to Unions and engaging in collective bargaining. In this instance, it was the Corporation threatening a lockout rather than a strike, by the way.

Jessica,
That's even worse. But so far both parties are at the bargaining table, which is a good thing.

BTW, my decals were shipped today. I got a .74 cents refund as the exchange rate changed in my favor. They also sent me full color PDF file of the decal instruction sheet. That's just amazing service.
Joel
 _GOTOTOP