_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
News
Bronco: Curtis Tomahawk Mk II B fighter
In_War_and_Peace
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 116 posts
AeroScale: 71 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 02:27 AM UTC

Bronco models Curtis Tomohawk Mk II B fighter

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 06:24 AM UTC
Exciting announcement! I'll take a dozen! But Bronco put what looks like a P-40B/M hybrid in the box art!
politicni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
KitMaker: 46 posts
AeroScale: 46 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 02:24 PM UTC
I'll wait for Airfix ,Bronco did not convince me rough details and forms,and the price is certainly more friendly in terms of content.Airfix can account to buy 5-7 kit.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2016 - 04:07 PM UTC
Hi all

I suggest reading Brett Greens review over at Hyperscale. You won't get rivet detail on your Airfix kit and the surface quality remains to be seen..... The test shots at Nuremberg were superb in this terms but the regular kits will again have that grainy Airfix plastic (see here and the following photos for some Nuremberg 2016 P-40 shots).

Still there are many objections in the Bronco kit which will require additional work and money (cockpit, control surfaces,...) So for the moment I am unsure about which to get... probably both just to see for my own.

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 01:08 AM UTC
Hi Steffen

Thanks for the link. I hadn't read Brett's first look until now, but it sums up everything I'd feared from the CAD views I'd seen. Basically, I think I'll wait for the Airfix kit.

15 years ago I'd have tackled all the obvious problems with Bronco's kit head-on as what can only be described as some kind of a masochistic need for pain (I can't think of another explanation for all the FM kits in my Stash! ) - but, assuming Airfix get the basics right (ohh - we love assumptions... ) a little re-scribing and finessing sounds a doddle by comparison...

Going back to Fred's first point - a "long-tail" Tomahawk for the box-art isn't exactly encouraging, but I doubt the parts are actually moulded that way (I seriously hope not).

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP