_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
News
AvantGarde: AMK (Advantgarde) Announce F14 Tomcat 1/48th
In_War_and_Peace
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 116 posts
AeroScale: 71 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 12:21 AM UTC

Advantgarde are now releasing a F14 Tomcat after their successful first release of the MiG-31

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
ULIX-VM
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Puerto Rico
KitMaker: 834 posts
AeroScale: 183 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 03:05 AM UTC
the grumman aerospace f-14a-tomcat the u.s.navy was the top fighter the ever had.
Tojo72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
AeroScale: 238 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 03:12 AM UTC
Looking forward to checking it out,excited about the Tamiya also.As a novice a/c modeler,build ability is important for me.
redcap
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
AeroScale: 311 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 04:29 AM UTC
Good news but I am still more excited about the pending release of their MIG 25 kit. The MIG 31 was a cracking kit, so I have high hopes for both.

Gary
In_War_and_Peace
MODELGEEK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 116 posts
AeroScale: 71 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 03:06 PM UTC
According to my sources the F14 is going to be an effortless build Tojo something the company are trying to do with all there aircraft.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 11:56 PM UTC
Hi Adie

Very neat! I'm definitely intrigued to see what the radical new canopy technology is! I thought I'd seen every permutation, but apparently not!

Canopies are a major stumbling block for the much-vaunted 3D printing revolution that's predicted for our hobby, so perhaps we'll see a game-changer here...

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 - 12:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Advantgarde are now releasing a F14 Tomcat after their successful first release of the MiG-31

Hi Adie,

well, their first release was the Kfir which was jumped by Kinetic and thus got not that much laurels. The 2nd one was the very nice Aero L-29 Delfin. Then came another step up with the Fouga Magister (again preceded by a fast shot by Kinetic) .. still the AMK is the much better kit. With their much praised MiG-31 (I bought one too, one of the best kits I have ever seen) they are now on a level where I really look forward to their F-14 and L-39C. Especially as Tamiya announced a F-14A too.

Normally this would mean the end of such a project but honestly I am curious if Tamiya can keep up with AMK (and not vice versa)...

just my 2ct

all the best

Steffen
P.S: @Rowan .. maybe kind of a flexible mould to avoid the center panel line
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 - 12:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

P.S: @Rowan .. maybe kind of a flexible mould to avoid the center panel line

Hi Steffen

I think we're talking about much more than this for the breakthrough into the potential 3D-printing future we're all envisaging.

As a former-aftermarket producer from back in the days when it was "easy" (if not always profitable! LOL!), I haven't been able to resist gnawing at the problem that top quality clear parts still present - and, to be honest, old technology basically still rules... maybe... That's why I'm excited to see what AMK have in store.

All the best

Rowan
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 07:45 PM UTC
Personally, I'm looking forward to both releases, as they're different versions. I'm more curious about the AMK kit and it's claims. Not to mention that I've never built or even bought a AMK kit before.

The Tamiya kit will certainly be up to their high standards, and follow their current kit philosophy, while the AMK is talking ground breaking technology.

So for a old prop guy, I'm committing to building both F-14s, plus the T-33A as soon as AM decals are available, which will be almost as soon as the kits are released.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP