Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Return of The Spitfire ( resurection )
TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 312 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 08:49 PM UTC
There was a time when BOB Campaign rules in Midland Landes , forces join to batlle in the Air , fire and bullets perforate the sky - There was a time of Spitfire ........
Ok Comrads , to end My project I should take a final photos - time runing and I couldn't match to end procedure but after months I decided to take My plane to work - My dear friends help me out the problem .
Be gentale ......

Regards
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 02:44 AM UTC
Very nicely built indeed, congratulations on finally getting the pictures. You have done an excellent job with the internal detail. I would question the yellow on the underwing roundels but other than that it is a good one. Well done.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:03 AM UTC
Very nice model. What did you use to make the wires ?
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:17 AM UTC
Nice! In Photo #2 I think you made a slight error on that decal. The edges are showing itself.
TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 04:03 AM UTC

Thanks for constructive comments , Yes I know about My mistakes there are more :
1. To much wheathering
2. Color of emergency crowbar must be aluminium - not red
3. Decals - Yes I do some modifications - roundlets underwing ( Falcon eye - BrandygoUK )
and some trouble on Set and Sol solvent make decals on uperwing a little bit soft and glossy.

Quoted Text

What did you use to make the wires ?

I try a cheap solution so I go to shop with fabric and threads and ask a nice woman for some thread which have ability to shrink when I use a hot source and I get it .

Regards
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 08:16 AM UTC
Very nice Spitfire, did you use an aftermarket cockpit? I would leave the crow bar in red, they were often painted flight colours, or it would be black, but not aluminium. I don't know if you have over weathered her, maybe just a little. Did you drybrush the silver/aluminium? I will be doing an article on washes, then on further weathering,soon. This will include a really easy way to apply paint chipping, using a silver pencil, which IMHO looks better thean silver paint or dry brushing.
Your canopy frames are really well done, what did you use to maske them?
I do like the open radio compartment, did you scratch build it, or was it an aftermarket set?
Your antenna and IFF wires also look good.
Remember, "you can't have to many Spitfires" and yours is a great one, thanks for sharing.
Mal
Zverko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 177 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 11:31 AM UTC
It seems like you drybrushed Tamiya's Chrome Silver to it. What this paint does to the plane is to make it look as if Paula Abdul kissed it. I mean, it looks like glitter. You may try on your next project silver pencils, salt chipping or other techniques of chipping. For the rest it looks reallly well.

Zverko
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 07:36 PM UTC
Lord Artur!!!!

Verie well executed Spitfire, Looked very very nice! I especially like the weathering, although some might think it's a tad overweathered, but I guess it's personal preference. I like my armor subtly weathered, but I really dig for heavily weathered planes though.

Real good work, definitely worth waiting for!
TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 12:29 AM UTC
Thank You Guys for opinion ,

Quoted Text

Did you drybrush the silver/aluminium? I will be doing an article on washes, then on further weathering,soon. This will include a really easy way to apply paint chipping, using a silver pencil, which IMHO looks better thean silver paint or dry brushing.
Your canopy frames are really well done, what did you use to maske them?
I do like the open radio compartment, did you scratch build it, or was it an aftermarket set?

1.SILVER- I must confess , I try to do some drybrushing test with new acrylic stuff from Windsor&Newton which I buy at Painters/Artistic Shop - something done well , something no ( about silver colors )- everything is a matter of training . About method of whole wheathering - I also buy a Pastel Chok Powder from the same company Windsor&Newton - I'm really loved this thing , You can use it in powder form , or some solvent : powder mixed with a washin-up liquid + a little bit water - for panel lines , or as we talking about cheap wheathering I use a very , very cheap poster paint ( for children - I buy it in paper/toys shop ) - black color is lovely for panel lines , it mixed with water ( so easy clean ) I used it after secure model painting by Future .
2. RADIO/COCPIT - Scratch building with some resin and PE stuff - I recomend a PART ( Polish Company ) set for Spitfire MK 1
3. MASK - Tamiya Tape and Scotch Magic Tape

Regards

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hi Artur

it's really nice to see some pics of you Spitfire finished.

Like Mal, I'm really impressed by the open radio compartment... do you have a link for Part?

The heat-shrunk thread looks great for the aerials! :-)

All the best

Rowan
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 11:04 PM UTC
Chesc Artur,
Bardzo dobra spit. I also am impressed with the wires, got to give it a try on my next project.
Cheers
Peter

TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 03:20 AM UTC
I love You guys for those words - You are mobalize me to a better work in the next project.

Peter
Very good polish language skills - where / when You known my language ? I'm really imprested.
Merlin
No problem this is www adress to Part Company html://www.part.pl - if You find something interesting give me a sign - those sets are cheaper in Poland than on www.site .

Regards
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hi Artur,
moja zona jest polka. She's from Warszawa too. Ul Niska.
My first polish word besides bad language was piwo.
Sometimes my bad Polish gets me in to trouble. When I was at a restaurant with my wife and Mama I Papa I wanted to impress them, so after the meal I told the waiter "Steri kurwa proszie"....not what I intended...it was kawa I meant. At least everybody thought it was funny.
I visit Poland quite often.
Cheers
Peter

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 04:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Merlin
No problem this is www adress to Part Company html://www.part.pl - if You find something interesting give me a sign - those sets are cheaper in Poland than on www.site .

Hi Artur

Thanks for the link and the generous offer.

Likewise, let me know if I can look for stuff for you in the UK.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP