_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
P-40 Tomahawk Mk.IIA Trumpeter 1:48
RYSZARD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 486 posts
AeroScale: 485 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 01:58 PM UTC

The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk is an American single-engined, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground-attack aircraft that first flew in 1938. The P-40 design was a modification of the previous Curtiss P-36 Hawk which reduced development time and enabled a rapid entry into production and operational service. The Warhawk was used by most Allied powers during World War II, and remained in frontline service until the end of the war. It was the third most-produced American fighter, after the P-51 and P-47; by November 1944, when production of the P-40 ceased, 13,738 had been built,[4] all at Curtiss-Wright Corporation's main production facilities at Buffalo, New York.

P-40 Warhawk was the name the United States Army Air Corps and after June 1941, USAAF-adopted name for all models, making it the official name in the United States for all P-40s. The British Commonwealth and Soviet air forces used the name Tomahawk for models equivalent to the P-40B and P-40C, and the name Kittyhawk for models equivalent to the P-40D and all later variants.

Revised versions of the P-40 soon followed: the P-40B or Tomahawk IIA had extra .30 in (7.62 mm) U.S., or .303 in (7.7 mm) machine guns in the wings and a partially protected fuel system; the P-40C or Tomahawk IIB added underbelly drop tank and bomb shackles, self-sealing fuel tanks and other minor revisions, but the extra weight did have a negative impact on aircraft performance. (All versions of the P-40 had a relatively low power-to-weight ratio compared to contemporary fighters.)

Model jak widać na fotce ,z Trumpetera w skali 1:48 , prosto z pudła
w malowaniu :Curtiss P-40B Warhawk, flown by Pilot Officer Jack Bartle ( 112 Sqn - LG 102 R.A.F - Egypt, October 1941).

Pominę wszystkie za i przeciw tego modelu, gdyż jest on znany i myślę że juz dośc o nim napisano szkoda sie powtarzać .Zresztą kazdy po swojenu oceni ten produkt ,bo ile modelarzy tyle opinii mniej lub bardziej trafnych.Ja skupie sie na galeri bo po to ona jest .A więc do dzieła :lajkonik:

A na zakończenie trochę fotek z epoki
Pierwsza przedstawiająca kolo gospodyń wiejskich z lat 40-tych przy budowie makietki

druga : " przyjemna przejażdżka na skrzydle

kolejna "doradzca " pilota lu strzelec

ostatnia : modelarstwo przez duze M na pustyni
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
AeroScale: 3,756 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 03:18 PM UTC
Lovely build Ryszard, the camo and weathering look great. Did you have any issues with the build? I have considered buying this kit for a while now.

I think that last photo might be a Spitfire, but it is a great image. Very nice diorama potential there.

Cheers, D
RYSZARD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 486 posts
AeroScale: 485 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2016 - 05:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Lovely build Ryszard, the camo and weathering look great. Did you have any issues with the build? I have considered buying this kit for a while now.

I think that last photo might be a Spitfire, but it is a great image. Very nice diorama potential there.

Cheers, D

translate
I know that. These photos are a cheerful addition
 _GOTOTOP