_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
OFFICIAL: Hot Out Of The Molds II Campaign
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2015 - 07:51 PM UTC
Welcome to the Official Hot out of the Molds II campaign!

This campaign is for those brand new or re-released kits that you have been waiting FOREVER for (or suddenly appeared and surprised you) and you just need to clear the bench and start on them right away. As a bonus, your build of a brand new kit gives a heads up to those who are thinking of getting it but want to know how it goes together. To that end, seperate build threads in the appropriate KitMaker forum are encouraged, but you should post your start pic and a link to the build in this thread (and hopefully a link back to this thread in your build.) In addition, no ribbon unless you post finished pics in the campaign gallery.

All types of builds are welcome but I'm running the main thread here in AeroScale because that's where I can make any necessary changes.

If you want to sign up and/or read the rules, go here. Looking forward to some great builds of new releases!

Michael
PrickleHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 338 posts
AeroScale: 190 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 05:22 PM UTC
Picked this up over the weekend. Will post the contents a bit later.

noddy927
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
AeroScale: 200 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 03:55 AM UTC
Just enrolled. I have a few new releases, the Bronco Horsa glider being the newest.

Pete
PeeJay74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 425 posts
AeroScale: 401 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 05:53 AM UTC
Zoukei-Mura SWS 1:48 Horten 229

I planned to skip campaigns completely this year to clear out my hanger queens, but since this one is a year long and I really wanted to try one of Zoukei-Mura's kits I figured what the heck.

Build log can be found here.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 04:08 AM UTC
I am in with this awesome kit. When I saw it released I knew I had to make it. The floating figure looks cool and painting the vortex will be awesome.

More to follow

ltb073
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
AeroScale: 174 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 07:17 AM UTC
Hi folks
I received this kit from the great people here to review
 photo P1090702.jpg
So I took it with me on a extended weekend to my aunts in the woods and it just fell together
The observation Turret
 photo P1090731.jpg
The front
 photo P1090729.jpg
and rear
 photo P1090730.jpg
The barrel that should not be a barrel
 photo P1090733.jpg
and the rear deck
 photo P1090732.jpg
I was even able to get the base coat of dunkelgelb on it the other day
This kit went together like a Tamiya kit with no problems or confusion
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2016 - 05:04 PM UTC
Looks good, Sal. A nice start.

Looking forward to see more.
ltb073
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 12:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good, Sal. A nice start.

Looking forward to see more.

Here is some more tri color camo on
 photo P1090778 - Copy.jpg
 photo P1090779 - Copy.jpg
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 04:01 AM UTC
Looks nice, Sal. Very cool camo.

I have build my figure. It is a very cleverly laid out figure and the vortex around the figure looks very convincing.

I am looking forward to start painting it. The vortex is going to be a new experience.

Kilo_Uniform
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 280 posts
AeroScale: 141 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 10:54 AM UTC
Hi Jesper

I'm looking forward to seeing this model painted - it is going to be interesting.

Regards,
Kobus
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 01:49 PM UTC
Thanks for the comment, Kobus. I hope I will do it justice.

Definitely something out of the ordinary.
ltb073
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 02:55 AM UTC
Thats some kit there Jasper looking forward to seeing that with some paint on it
I have made a lot of progress

I need to touch up a few things but does anyone else have some constructive criticism
GhostHawk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Cordoba, Argentina
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 06:07 PM UTC
Hi...!

I do not knows nothing about Tanks...

But this one looks nice to me...

Bye...!
LinusB
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 247 posts
AeroScale: 105 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 06:31 PM UTC
Hello Everyone

After a number of years away I am returning to modelling and thought I would join in here as it seems like a number of interesting group builds and friendly members.

I will be starting with Kitty Hawk's XF5U-1 "Flying Flapjack" a most interesting aircraft indeed!

SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 07:28 PM UTC
Welcome onboard, Linus. Definitely a cool build. I had not even seen that released.

Looking forward to follow your build.
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2016 - 05:46 AM UTC
Nice work everyone!! Excellent choice Linus!

Great to see all these new kits getting built.

Michael
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hi folks!
I have just enlisted in this campaign and my build will be the new quarterscale Defiant from Airfix which I've got yesterday. Unfortunatly Photobucket doesn't work for me at the moment, so I can't show you my starting photo right now. As soon as everything is smooth again, I will hand in them later. Next week I will begin with the Defiant.

Happy modelling!
Torsten
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2016 - 12:15 AM UTC
Now I'll try another picture host because Photobucket is not very reliable these days and I hope copying from that host works ....
So, this will be my campaign build. I just started with the cockpit ....

Got this kit on Saturday and started today. It hardly can be quicker.

Happy modelling and good luck for all your builds!
Torsten
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 09:22 PM UTC
First small update from me of what I did in the last week.
Cockit is done an glued into the fuselage half. There was a bit more sanding to do than usual with the IP to make the fuselage halves fit together here. Just be carefull not to break it ....

I wouldn't recommend to follow the instruction plan at step 16 where Airfix tells you to cut the 2 bars off on part A4 after glueing the fuselage halves together. Cut them off before you glue part A4 into one half (at step 13) because you need to sand it. Otherwise you might get problems ....

The wings consist of 5 parts (3 underside, 2 upperside). The fitting is very good but not perfect. Dry fitting of the wings to the fuselage show a very good fitting. With a little pressure it will be perfect ....

Today I have half the day off work, so I will get pretty much done on that bird. Photos of that in my next update.

Torsten
rochaped
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 679 posts
AeroScale: 669 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 03:37 AM UTC
Hummm, I've enlisted this campaign because today i had in my mail box overtrees for the revised 1/48 bf.109 G from Eduard. It is now my top project on the bench

Cheers
Pedro
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 03:45 PM UTC
Good luck with your build, Pedro! Hope to see some progress pics here soon. I've also ordered that kit at my LHS and hope to get it in June at our expo.

Well folks, a little update of what I did with my Defiant this week. First the main assembly of fuselage and wings was completed ....

.... then the turret was assembled. The 16 parts fit well together. A little test fitting also shows no problems at all ....

.... yesterday I did a lot of masking. That little mask sheet from Eduard (EX 490) is full of tiny, fiddly masks, mainly for the turret canopy. In my opinion, the side masks of the pilot's canopy are a bit too small. I checked some reference photos and decided to add more tiny masks made from Kip Tape ....

.... don't worry, the mask is for the quarterscale kit. It's just a little shocker from the cheeky Eduard guys ....

.... finally some more masking and glueing the canopy to the air frame with furniture glue/white glue. The turret will be installed in the final stages of the build ....

.... so the kit is ready to get some paint. Today I will assemble the propeller and tomorrow it's primer time.

Have a nice Sunday!
Torsten
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 07:37 PM UTC
Seems as if I'm the solitary entertainer in this campaign at the moment. Anybody out there ....

Just a small update of my Defiant this week. After a white primer all over I airbrushed first the wheel wells with Aluminium 99 and later the underside with Sky 59 from Revell Aqua.

Yesterday I masked the underside completly and just finished the upperside with Dark Earth 82, again from Revell. In the next days I will paint Dark Green for the camo.

Torsten
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 - 07:50 PM UTC
Hi

this kit is just out I started it right away and did not post the picture here, but obviuosly it is brandspankingnew.

I have a build log in german on IPMS Deutschland site so if you are interested have a look here.

Michael, just to be sure I'd like to have a vote if it is valid?

all the best

Steffen
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 - 11:03 PM UTC
Another update from me today. Past week I finished the main painting with Agama B1 Dark Green on the upper side. Mal's Miracle Masks came out a bit too late for me so as usual I airbrushed the paint freehand. For that it's not 100 % precise compared to the real thing, but I'm quite satisfied with the result ....

.... masking the turret is easier than it looks. The Eduard instruction is clear as always ....

.... she stands on her own feet ... errr ... wheels. Most small parts are attached, some minor paint corrections have to be done and than the Defiant is ready for some Bodenglänzer (the german Future) and the decals ....

.... so I guess, the next update will probably be the last one for me in this campaign, showing the finished model. Should be done by next week.

Torsten
noddy927
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
AeroScale: 200 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 02:58 AM UTC
My Kit and I intend on having a rather large dio, completed an airborne Jeep I will put in the dio with some figures I recently finished. It is a huge kit and got it for christmas and I cant wait to get glue on it.

More to follow shortly.

Pete
 _GOTOTOP