_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1/32 Revell Beaufighter
erasmus666
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 03:41 PM UTC
I 've spent some considerable time building the Revell 1/32nd scale Beaufighter. Unfortunately, after a house move for some reason I can't find the pieces 68, 69, 73 and 74 which are cowling pieces for both of the engines. I've been in touch with Revell who said that they no longer have spares for this kit. Does anyone have such pieces which they no longer require and at what cost including p & p please? Many thanks.
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
AeroScale: 1,517 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 07:40 AM UTC
Hi Michael I have. ...uh .... no less than 3 of these in my stash and some spare sprues. I'll see what is spare and see if the parts you require are amongst them.
erasmus666
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 01:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Michael I have. ...uh .... no less than 3 of these in my stash and some spare sprues. I'll see what is spare and see if the parts you require are amongst them.

Many thanks, that would be very much appreciated.
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 02:17 PM UTC
Hi Michael I've looked at the stash and the spare sprues, these are what I have a spare. Sprue of the engines and props which contain parts 68, 69 and I have a spare sprue of the stabiliser and rudder etc, which have the exhaust collectors etc. I'm currently heading out of town for 5 days but when I get back I'll have a look around as I think I've got a used set here from when I built the kit more years ago than I care to mention. And if I can find at least one complete set you can use them as masters for finishing the kit.
Cheers
Chris
erasmus666
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 02:57 PM UTC
Chris, many thanks. Have a good trip, Michael
erasmus666
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 08:03 PM UTC
Chris, did you manage to find the pieces please? I've also found that I'm missing pieces 47 to 52 (these are clear plastic). If you do have them please let me know how much I need to pay you for them including p & p. Kind regards, Michael
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 01:14 PM UTC
Damn it sorry Michael! I've only just found this thread again. I've had no luck finding where the built kit went it's in storage here somewhere. As to the clear parts I'll look at what I've got here but I'm not all that confident as the kit's I got were without the clear parts. No payment is needed just send me a pm so I have an address to send it too. I'll tear the place apart over the weekend and see if i can find the built kit.
OddBall84
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands
KitMaker: 335 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 07:36 PM UTC
Wait so even if they re-issued it they don't carry the parts with Abteilung X (assuming you have tried their German spare parts department)?
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 - 01:40 AM UTC
Michael, Revell has re-issued the 1/32 Beau last year, so you might try their Abteilung X for your missing parts.
http://www.revell.de/service/kontakt-formular.html
Just fill in your first name, last name, e-mail address and in "Nachricht" you write about the missing parts. As I know the folks at Revell, they sure will help you. All you need is patience, because it will take some time before the parts arrive.

Torsten
c4willy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 - 07:29 AM UTC
Well there you are Aeroscalers are always ready to help with hints and tips. Let me know how you get on Michael and thanks guys for the help.
 _GOTOTOP