_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
ICM 1:72 Heinkel He H51B
Northern_Lad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 462 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 02:07 PM UTC
Hello,

I’d like to share some pictures of ICM’s 1:72 Heinkel He H51B. It is built and primed. The plan is to finish it in Spanish civil war colours and markings.

Thanks for looking.

Matthew
bomber14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 330 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 06:28 PM UTC
nice looking build matthew. interesting how you built the model completely first then paint. I would have thought it more difficult that way.
joe
Antilles
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 671 posts
AeroScale: 614 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 07:19 PM UTC
Hello Matthew,

nice start. I will follow You very interested, as I have the same kit in may stash. Are there any major traps in building this one?

Oliver
Northern_Lad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 462 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 08:43 PM UTC
@ Joe. Thanks. It’s just the way I build. I prefer to get everything assembled and then apply paint rather than doing it bit by bit. Also I don’t know how you get pieces to stick if they’re covered in paint.

@ Oliver. Thanks. It’s a pretty easy build really. As with all biplanes attaching the upper wing is a little stressful. I attached it to the struts on the wing first and left that to fully set, and only afterwards did I attach the struts that rise from the fuselage. The landing gear is a bit peculiar in that you have to cut a 2mm section out towards the wheel housing. It seems they are too tall otherwise. The only other issue is that if you use the fuel drop tank you’ll find it doesn’t fit because the air intake gets in the way. You can either trim back the air intake or reposition the fuel drop tank, or a combination of the two.

Cheers

Matthew
 _GOTOTOP