_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Farpro C6N Saiun - beyond retro - out of box
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 06:31 AM UTC

As most of you know, I do tend to favour the oddballs and obscurities of modelling, both in terms of subject matter and manufacturer. Well, this one’s definitely a win in both departments!

When I was in one of my local shops in the winter, the owner had dug out a bunch of Farpro kits. These are just the “export” version of the ancient Aoshima kits from the early ‘60s. I’d never heard of them, but there were a number of interesting planes in there, like the A7M Reppu and the C6N Myrt. Since I didn’t want to pay $40+ for the Sword kit, I opted for the $8 Myrt. I got what I paid for!

Check out this ancient relic here, and breathe a sigh of relief that you don’t have to build it. It’s on my bench now, so I can say with authority that it’s a rather big dog of a kit. Lots of work in there, but I do so love me a loser!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/farpro-172-c6n-saiun-myrt-oob/

stooge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 210 posts
AeroScale: 210 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 06:56 AM UTC
May be some things should be left as collectors items?
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 07:00 AM UTC
Naw!

Besides, I don't think there's a lot of collectibility in Farpros, is there? If there is, then I've got some for sale, if the price is right!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2015 - 11:49 PM UTC
Adam,
If obscure is wanted you wanted, then you've succeeded beyond your expectations. My recommendation is a full bottle of Tylenol, and a 12 pack of your favorite brew. I have a feeling that you're going to need both before this build comes to it's conclusion.

Joel
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2015 - 01:58 AM UTC
Yeah, I think I outdid myself on this one. It's so obscure, I had to START the page for it on Scalemates! How crazy is that.

Only a twelve pack, eh? You think this kit is going to go that easily, eh?

_GOTOTOP