_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Ki43-II Hayabusa 1:32 Hasegawa
RYSZARD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 486 posts
AeroScale: 485 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 - 12:45 PM UTC
Po Finach czas na coś z kraju kwitnącej wiśni

Mala wzmianka historyczna z wikipedii
Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa (jap. 隼 sokół wędrowny?), nazwa kodowa aliantów Oscar – jednosilnikowy, jednomiejscowy samolot myśliwski Sił Powietrznych Cesarskiej Armii Japonii z okresu II wojny światowej.

Był najliczniejszym i najważniejszym myśliwcem lotnictwa armii japońskiej podczas wojny na Pacyfiku. Produkowany był od początku wojny do jej zakończenia w sierpniu 1945.

Samolot ten jest pod wieloma względami konstrukcją przejściową, wypełniającą lukę pomiędzy jednopłatowymi, lekkimi myśliwcami ze stałym podwoziem i otwartym kokpitem, konstruowanymi w późnych latach trzydziestych, a silnie uzbrojonymi ciężkimi myśliwcami wyposażonymi we wciągane podwozie i zamkniętą kabinę z wczesnych lat czterdziestych.

Ki-43 był często mylony, zwłaszcza w początkowej fazie wojny, z myśliwcem marynarki wojennej Japonii, Mitsubishi A6M, popularnie znanym jako Zero.

[size=50]created by picasa2html.com[/size]
Ki-43-II
The Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa (隼, "Peregrine Falcon") was a single-engine land-based tactical fighter used by the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force in World War II. The Army designation was "Army Type 1 Fighter" (一式戦闘機); the Allied reporting name was "Oscar", but it was often called the "Army Zero" by American pilots for its side-view resemblance to the Mitsubishi A6M Zero[3] that was flown by the Japanese Navy, using essentially the same radial engine as the Army's Oscar, and with the Oscar having much less framing for its canopy than the Zero used.

Like the Japanese A6M Zero, the radial-engined Ki-43 was light and easy to fly and became legendary for its combat performance in East Asia in the early years of the war. It could outmaneuver any opponent, but did not have armor or self-sealing tanks, and its armament was poor until its final version, which was produced as late as 1945.[4][5] Allied pilots often reported that the nimble Ki-43s were difficult targets but burned easily or broke apart with few hits.[6] In spite of its drawbacks, the Ki-43 shot down more Allied aircraft than any other Japanese fighter and almost all the JAAF's aces achieved most of their kills in it.[citation needed]

Total production amounted to 5,919 aircraft.[7] Many of these were used during the last months of the war for kamikaze missions against the American fleet.[6]

Sam modelik taki sobie ,moę sobie go skleić każdy ten bardziej i mniej zaawansowany modelarz.Wiadomo Hasegawa czyli japońskie lego

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 - 09:48 PM UTC
Ryszard,
Oh my! Just an outstanding build. I truly love your introduction with a combination of drawings, paintings, and photographs, then a short but quite complete tutorial of the aircraft's history.

As for the build, as usual there just isn't any flaws to be seen. Your painting is dead on perfect as well. Since there is no trace of decal film anywhere, I'm going to assume that you masked and painted the markings which are beautifully done. The tail stripe had to be somewhat difficult going around the hump of the spine.

Your weathering, which honestly at 1st looked a little to heavy for my tastes, matches up quite well to a few of the real photos you posted. An excellent job on duplicating it.

I do have one question, as I know almost nothing about this aircraft. The Oleos are painted flat brown/leather rather then a chrome color. Is that because they're covered with some type of boot?

Joel
RYSZARD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 486 posts
AeroScale: 485 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 - 10:20 PM UTC
I'm not sure what it is, as you know krzystam with a translator, and this sometimes translates poorly
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 - 11:40 PM UTC
Ryszard,

Superb Hayabusha! I echo everything Joel said.

Quoted Text

The Oleos are painted flat brown/leather rather then a chrome color. Is that because they're covered with some type of boot?

Joel, yes, IJAAF had a habit of protecting their oleos with boots. A clean oleo is a happy oleo, and a happy oleo gives many cycles of good operation.
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 844 posts
AeroScale: 630 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 02:22 PM UTC
Splendid build and very well presented, excellent posting!
Build mine nearly twenty years ago and it was fun to build.
BlackWidow
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
AeroScale: 1,336 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2015 - 11:19 PM UTC
Very nice Hayabusa, Ryszard! Especially I like the photos in that cherry blossom garden. Well done as always!

Torsten
 _GOTOTOP